Genius Vinny to guard Lebron with Rose

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
I'd hope that the times he's on LeBron are due to switches.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Why not give him a shot at dwight howard while we are at it?

wjb1492

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
"Coach is trying to put it on me that in some games I'm going to have to guard Kobe (Bryant) or LeBron (James) for some possessions," Rose said. "I would love to, and if I get the opportunity I'm going to try my hardest to guard them."

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wi...004/bulls_want_rose_guarding_nbas_best_wings/

Crap, crap, crap, crap, crap....wtf!!!!

Don't you think you're totally twisting that into something it's not? For one, all he says is "some games" for "some possessions" - far from a definite defensive assignment for the season or anything. It's also a quote from Derrick, not Vinny, and I read it in the context of the coaching staff trying to coax a better defensive effort out of him.

I seriously doubt Vinny has any kind of plan to waste Derrick's energy by giving him the toughest wing defensive assignment on a regular basis. I also have no problem with Vinny telling Derrick he has to get better at defense, and that if he's going to be "The Guy" on the team he needs to improve to the point where he can take the toughest guy in a critical moment if need be. I doubt we ever see Derrick intentionally put on Lebron because we have better defenders who match up much better size-wise, but I'm not going to complain about Derrick practicing to defend critical moments as if he were going to be stuck on Lebron.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
hay lets not kid our selves. we aren't a contender yet. We arent taking out boston, orlando, or cleveland. With that in mind, maybe it's not bad that. It might give derrick some good experience to guard the smaller wing guys like wade etc. I dont know why he would be on a 6 8 250 lb lebron...

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
wjb1492 wrote:
??? ?????? wrote:
"Coach is trying to put it on me that in some games I'm going to have to guard Kobe (Bryant) or LeBron (James) for some possessions," Rose said. "I would love to, and if I get the opportunity I'm going to try my hardest to guard them."

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wi...004/bulls_want_rose_guarding_nbas_best_wings/

Crap, crap, crap, crap, crap....wtf!!!!

Don't you think you're totally twisting that into something it's not? For one, all he says is "some games" for "some possessions" - far from a definite defensive assignment for the season or anything. It's also a quote from Derrick, not Vinny, and I read it in the context of the coaching staff trying to coax a better defensive effort out of him.

I seriously doubt Vinny has any kind of plan to waste Derrick's energy by giving him the toughest wing defensive assignment on a regular basis. I also have no problem with Vinny telling Derrick he has to get better at defense, and that if he's going to be "The Guy" on the team he needs to improve to the point where he can take the toughest guy in a critical moment if need be. I doubt we ever see Derrick intentionally put on Lebron because we have better defenders who match up much better size-wise, but I'm not going to complain about Derrick practicing to defend critical moments as if he were going to be stuck on Lebron.

Thank you, my thoughts exactly. No need to make a mole hill out of an ant hill, PO3.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
My take is that we're going to end up with three guard, four guard lineups, where Rose ends up at shooting guard/small forward, and is forced to guard guys he has no chance at guarding.

collisrost

Liked Posts:
we only have 5 guards on this team, one of whom is likely not to make the cut. I don't see a whole lot of chance to play a three or four guard lineup. Our roster will almost dictate that we go big on a regular basis. No complaints there.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
4 guard lineup? Of who? Rose, Hinrich, Salmons, Pargo? That's an odd lineup...

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
This is all sound and fury signifying absolutely nothing...there will be no 4 man guard lineups, unless we are playing Golden State or someone like that....I like a little optimism, a little pessimism, and a whole lot of realism, but this "the sky is falling" conversation has to go...

mlewinth

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:
This is all sound and fury signifying absolutely nothing...there will be no 4 man guard lineups, unless we are playing Golden State or someone like that....I like a little optimism, a little pessimism, and a whole lot of realism, but this "the sky is falling" conversation has to go...

Agreed. PO3, I think you took this a bit out of context. D.Rose is a point guard. He will guard point guards. On switches and double teams he will sometimes help contain the best wings, but he we would never put derrick on 6'9 Lebron James. That's Luol Glass Dengs assignment!!