"George McCaskey will give up anything for Deshaun Watson": DaBears Blog

Toast88

Liked Posts:
People will make fun, but this guy's clearly got an 'in' somewhere in Halas Hall. He's been first to report several acquisitions and Bears-related news in the past.

"The other thing I was told this weekend, and this comes from a very reliable source, is that George McCaskey will give up anything for Deshaun Watson. He's not willing to depart with multiple 1st round picks down the road for lesser guys. But for Deshaun Watson, he's willing to give up just about anything. That's where the Bears' desires lie."

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Just make sure to get Watson or Wilson. It sounds that Wilson is more attainable and really not a good way to play poker if you let your desires for one player be shown. Not saying there is any truth to the report, but if we are able to look back on it and say that Pace and crew had a reasonable deal in place for Wilson, but McCaskey would not let it go through until the Watson trade had been exhausted and the Bears end up starting Foles next season because the Texans were not satisfied and the Seahawks grew impatient, then the NFL and all Bears fans should revoke any and all things to do with the Bears. They would not be worthy of the fans support nor showing the ability to function as a normal part of the NFL. If you have a trade in place for Wilson, finish it.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This tells me that even George was like WTF!? when Pace moved up to get Trubs.

Just not sure how you reconcile keeping Pace after getting Watson. Those press conferences would be brutal.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
This tells me that even George was like WTF!? when Pace moved up to get Trubs.

Just not sure how you reconcile keeping Pace after getting Watson. Those press conferences would be brutal.
Plenty of teams had Mitch or Mahomes over Watson in the draft

It shouldn't be that hard

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just make sure to get Watson or Wilson. It sounds that Wilson is more attainable and really not a good way to play poker if you let your desires for one player be shown. Not saying there is any truth to the report, but if we are able to look back on it and say that Pace and crew had a reasonable deal in place for Wilson, but McCaskey would not let it go through until the Watson trade had been exhausted and the Bears end up starting Foles next season because the Texans were not satisfied and the Seahawks grew impatient, then the NFL and all Bears fans should revoke any and all things to do with the Bears. They would not be worthy of the fans support nor showing the ability to function as a normal part of the NFL. If you have a trade in place for Wilson, finish it.

Sounds like a future excuse when the Bears acquire neither one

BeerFan

Liked Posts:
Just make sure to get Watson or Wilson. It sounds that Wilson is more attainable and really not a good way to play poker if you let your desires for one player be shown.
If you're saying you will give up almost anything to get Watson, it may lower the price on Wilson. So I think it could be a great way to play poker. May get Wilson at a cheaper price that way. That's the way poker works! Don't show your true hand until absolutely necessary. And that will all happen on draft day or shortly afterwards.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
If you're saying you will give up almost anything to get Watson, it may lower the price on Wilson. So I think it could be a great way to play poker. May get Wilson at a cheaper price that way. That's the way poker works! Don't show your true hand until absolutely necessary. And that will all happen on draft day or shortly afterwards.
So that’s why I’m so bad at poker. I put my cards down as soon as I get dealt the hand.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Should of never hired that bum pace and we wouldn’t need to give up shit for Watson

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It's just too bad he didn't convince pace to give up the second overall pick for him in 2017 so we wouldn't be in this mess now...

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
great point

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
Jesus I’d be shocked if McCaskey really said that. He’s not smart enough to realize that you give up anything for a QB like Watson.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
His share of ownership in the team?
Normally that’d be a good thing but I don’t want Texans ownership anywhere near Chicago. This franchise is already screwed up enough.

Lesser of two firsts evils.