HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
For the past weeks I have been complaining that Amukamara was not putting his hands on the ball nearly enough to make those splash plays he had been talking about before. Well this week aside from a couple of plays where he got burned or loafed he basically delivered. I know people want to poo poo him catching that interception instead of batting it down. I'm not going to make a big stink about it. Its instinctual for a DB to want to catch anything coming at him and I can't fault him for wanting one nor not wanting to chance some freak deflection by batting it. He also caused the FF that Amos recovered which was a nice play as well.

I know it was a wounded duck of a team we just pounced on but the fact of the matter is that our cornerbacks are holding their own right now. Fuller is playing well, Callahan is ballin out right now as one of the best nickels in the league and Amukamara is now getting into the fold. Not many complaints about Eddie or Adrian either aside from their penchant for trying to lay a hit instead of wrap up tackling. I really like where this secondary is trending towards right now. Lets see how they show up against the Vikings.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
This secondary is playing really well. Prince has been playing very reliably all year while Fuller has been making more splash plays. Callahan has been amazing, I don’t know how we’re going to be able to keep him with the contracts Prince and Fuller have. It’s hard to justify paying 3 big contracts to the same position when they aren’t staggered much.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This secondary is playing really well. Prince has been playing very reliably all year while Fuller has been making more splash plays. Callahan has been amazing, I don’t know how we’re going to be able to keep him with the contracts Prince and Fuller have. It’s hard to justify paying 3 big contracts to the same position when they aren’t staggered much.

Well its looking like a foregone conclusion that we are dumping Sims this next off-season and right now I am still trying to figure out why we are using a roster spot on the other Burton, our FB. I think its entirely possible for Pace and his front office to work some magic with contracts to sign Callahan though if they really wanted to keep him. Hell its entirely possible to end up keeping both Amos and Callahan. Although even I admit its not likely to happen that we keep both.

FWIW Sherrick McManis is still a solid replacement for the time being if we either lost Callahan to injury or contract. He is signed through 2019 so we would end up having to draft another cornerback more than likely to develop at nickel.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
could have done without the INT on 4th down....

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Well its looking like a foregone conclusion that we are dumping Sims this next off-season and right now I am still trying to figure out why we are using a roster spot on the other Burton, our FB. I think its entirely possible for Pace and his front office to work some magic with contracts to sign Callahan though if they really wanted to keep him. Hell its entirely possible to end up keeping both Amos and Callahan. Although even I admit its not likely to happen that we keep both.

FWIW Sherrick McManis is still a solid replacement for the time being if we either lost Callahan to injury or contract. He is signed through 2019 so we would end up having to draft another cornerback more than likely to develop at nickel.
Good point, McManis has played decent in spot duty.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ed Donatell is the Bears best positional coach and I am not sure that it is close.

Is there anyone who has not improved under him.

-Saved Fuller's career
-Made 3 mid round picks into safeties [I count Bush]
-McManis became a defensive contributor
-Callahan has become a star
-Tolliver has flashed

-Marcus Cooper he could not do anything with.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
All 5 DBs have turnovers in the past 2 games. Ed Donatel has had everyone scrapping, punching and picking the ball. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him poached for a DC.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Who is that UDFA again? He has been ok too.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
4th down interception should be instinct to not hold onto. If he thought he could make a run that would be one thing, but to catch it and go down, that was bad.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
For the past weeks I have been complaining that Amukamara was not putting his hands on the ball nearly enough to make those splash plays he had been talking about before. Well this week aside from a couple of plays where he got burned or loafed he basically delivered. I know people want to poo poo him catching that interception instead of batting it down. I'm not going to make a big stink about it. Its instinctual for a DB to want to catch anything coming at him and I can't fault him for wanting one nor not wanting to chance some freak deflection by batting it. He also caused the FF that Amos recovered which was a nice play as well.

I know it was a wounded duck of a team we just pounced on but the fact of the matter is that our cornerbacks are holding their own right now. Fuller is playing well, Callahan is ballin out right now as one of the best nickels in the league and Amukamara is now getting into the fold. Not many complaints about Eddie or Adrian either aside from their penchant for trying to lay a hit instead of wrap up tackling. I really like where this secondary is trending towards right now. Lets see how they show up against the Vikings.

Wow! I come around on Fuller and you come around on Amukamara in a two week span?

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Nigerian Prince Komono Dragon had a good game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He also forced the fumble on Golloday that should have counted. He had a good game.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
4th down interception should be instinct to not hold onto. If he thought he could make a run that would be one thing, but to catch it and go down, that was bad.

Agreed but it didn't hurt us. There's a case to be made for picking it off though. Remember a few years ago where Urlacher swatted down a pass against the Cards (I think?) and it fell right into the hands of a receiver and the Bears lost 10-3. If Urlacher picks that off, the game goes into OT instead. Prince gave a comment on his thoughts saying the receiver was right there and he wasn't sure exactly where he was so he was worried batting it down might fall right into his hands. I think given the situation, you still bat it down since we're up so much but I can still understand a bit as to why he did it. Luckily it wasn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things and the Bears won easily either way.

KingInTheNorth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Wow! I come around on Fuller and you come around on Amukamara in a two week span?
Just like you called many others... I called Kyle Fuller from the beginning. I never gave up hope on him, not once.