Glad Forte still here, silver lining MCL

Bears1985defense

Liked Posts:
totally this. I said this a couple weeks ago. I mean if this was honestly the metric at hand, the Packers and Patriots wouldn't be perennial contenders and the Cleveland Browns would be superstars.

outside of maybe like QB or DE that goes in the first like 10 picks, there's still tons of other talent out there. you probably can get better stuff in the 2nd or 3rd anyway, cause a lot of 1st round picks are just mainstream sports media darlings that inflates their status. OR they're just REALLY good, which isn't always the case.

you want coachable guys, not NCAA's greatest hits. there's too much of a disconnect between the college game and the pros considering defense barely exists in college. you all know statistically how a lot of those guys never translate to the NFL and are finished by time the rookie deal's done. that's why I don't understand the gushing for QB in the 1st.

Agree. However, since 2006, the Bears have drafted a total of 73 players, where as New England has drafted 93 players in the same time span. That's an average of 2 additional picks every year for the past 10 years. Trading down their picks has been New England's strategy to make that happen. Simple math.

Bears1985defense

Liked Posts:
Why is this a positive? New England has been competitive for a decade and never drafts early. It's not the draft slot that makes a team successful, it's the player AND coaching.

Sent from a spaghetti monster circling the earth

You totally miss the point. It's also the # of draft picks a team has to work with. Teams like the Pats and Packers gain extra picks by trading down. Both the Pats and Packers have had 93 draft picks over the past 10 years. The Bears have had 73. That's seventy fucking three.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Agree. However, since 2006, the Bears have drafted a total of 73 players, where as New England has drafted 93 players in the same time span. That's an average of 2 additional picks every year for the past 10 years. Trading down their picks has been New England's strategy to make that happen. Simple math.

they probably get several picks from trading away old players too. team is just a drafting machine. they know how to get value out of their guys both in playing time and in the market.

You totally miss the point. It's also the # of draft picks a team has to work with. Teams like the Pats and Packers gain extra picks by trading down. Both the Pats and Packers have had 93 draft picks over the past 10 years. The Bears have had 73. That's seventy fucking three.

the other crucial stat is the players of both the Packers and Patriots were mostly actually good enough to stay with the team. :lmao:

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I am cringing about what Fox and Gase are going to game plan offensively against the Chargers, especially with Forte out. Do you think that Gase will remember that he does have a tight end on the team and it is legal to throw the ball to the tight end? Do you think he will dust off that pass in the flat again from his massive play book? Sure has fooled other teams, eh? Maybe the Chargers can't stop it??

Oh well. Family going to the game, Kids down from Portland and an early Thanksgiving:) Good times:)

Larsonite

Guacamole Taco
Liked Posts:
I am cringing about what Fox and Gase are going to game plan offensively against the Chargers, especially with Forte out. Do you think that Gase will remember that he does have a tight end on the team and it is legal to throw the ball to the tight end? Do you think he will dust off that pass in the flat again from his massive play book? Sure has fooled other teams, eh? Maybe the Chargers can't stop it??

Oh well. Family going to the game, Kids down from Portland and an early Thanksgiving:) Good times:)
Gase doesn't throw the football. Also plays tend to not be a one man read. Bennett has had some issues dropping passes and it might be Cutler, not Gase, who is shying away from passing to him.

Larsonite

Guacamole Taco
Liked Posts:
Not one pick from Angelo is still on the roster. Granted he left in 2011 but that means none of his picks were worth resigning when their rookie contract was up. Not one!

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
6th rounder + 6th rounder = 12th rounder

12 / 1 = 12 1st rounders

Pace is a genius.

That's some Scott Steiner math right there.

[video=youtube;WFoC3TR5rzI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFoC3TR5rzI[/video]

Liked Posts:
What about Forte? Also Angelo draft plenty of studs like peanut and Briggs. Kellen Davis, paea and Melton all still play. He wasn't great, mostly in the first round but he didn't completely suck.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

mecha

Liked Posts:
What about Forte? Also Angelo draft plenty of studs like peanut and Briggs. Kellen Davis, paea and Melton all still play. He wasn't great, mostly in the first round but he didn't completely suck.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Chris Williams, Gabe Carimi, Juaquin Iglesias, Dan Bazuin, Michael Okwo, and that guy that could jump out of pools. I can't cite anymore, cause I chose to forget about them.

lol @ Helen Davis. that son of a bitch won a ring too. jesus fuck what dark times 2009-2010 were.