TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
one of those moments when Dalton tells his wife not to unpack all the boxes

Reactions: Myk

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dalton should and is focused on what he can control. He gets an NFL audition for 1 or 2 or 4 games...more if he succeeds.

The Red Rifle is not done. He will get a shot, he will get to be a mentor in waiting, and he can stay or go somewhere else or retire comfortably depending on how it goes.

If I were him I wouldn't judge myself too harshly based on a transitioning interior, rookie RT, and Leno...while coming into a new situation for a 3 or 4 game audition. 1 or 2 if it goes badly.

His job is to try and win games and prove himself. To show Fields how a veteran prepares for that task, conducts themselves, and puts in the work to be ready for anything.

If he fails I think he can still get one more clipboard at $3,000,000. This is win/win for him.
The Bears will be punished financially for not moving Foles out sooner.

Last edited:

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dalton knew he was rental bought by Lazor.
This. I'm sure he knew the situation. Hell, Pace probably told him when they signed him they wanted his help developing a young QB.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nagy says his offense takes 3 years to really learn.

We all saw what happened when Mitch tried to learn it on the fly, but Fields isn't Mitch.

Fields scored the only perfect 130 on a sports psyc exam of 6500 NFL players.

Hopefully Nagy is patient with Fields and maybe even Foles sticking around as a QB3 on the sideline could help Fields learn even better. Dalton can be out there while the OL figures themselves out & Fields learns from the safety of the pine.
Wouldn't surprise me if Fields picks things up pretty quick & challenges Nagy in postgame film study.

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
Nagy says his offense takes 3 years to really learn.

We all saw what happened when Mitch tried to learn it on the fly, but Fields isn't Mitch.

Fields scored the only perfect 130 on a sports psyc exam of 6500 NFL players.

Hopefully Nagy is patient with Fields and maybe even Foles sticking around as a QB3 on the sideline could help Fields learn even better. Dalton can be out there while the OL figures themselves out & Fields learns from the safety of the pine.
Wouldn't surprise me if Fields picks things up pretty quick & challenges Nagy in postgame film study.
It's nice to have a first round QB, that's not dumb as a rock, and knows what a hard count is.

SD Bears

Liked Posts:

Foles: "In that situation when the pocket collapses it's best to just tuck it and take the hit"
Fields: "But I could take off running"
Dalton: "Yeah, best to just eat it, or you can throw it out of bounds"
Fields: "No wonder you both sucked last year"

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
Foles: "In that situation when the pocket collapses it's best to just tuck it and take the hit"
Fields: "But I could take off running"
Dalton: "Yeah, best to just eat it, or you can throw it out of bounds"
Fields: "No wonder you both sucked last year"
Foles & Dolton: "We are the masters of sucking."