Good Article on Bears Linebackers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cover3

wat
Liked Posts:
pretty interesting indeed, I love Urlacher's attitude this season, they're playing at a near-elite level and he's still expecting more out of this unit, if they keep progressing as he says the bears may go a long way.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I agree. Urlacher has been an anchor for us and playing at a Pro-Bowl level. Briggs has played on that level too.

Pre

Liked Posts:
On any given play, Briggs is usually the first one to be there to meet the ballcarrier. He's a sideline-to-sideline force and one of the most underrated players in the league.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
On any given play, Briggs is usually the first one to be there to meet the ballcarrier. He's a sideline-to-sideline force and one of the most underrated players in the league.

A lot of that is because that is what the defense is designed to do and benefited by their gap alignment. What makes Briggs so great there is that he does make those plays and stops so many plays abruptly in the backfield or at the line.

What bothered me so much was reporters who time and time again prove they really have blinded knowledge was that they claimed Brandon Iwuh played great in the place of Briggs. He played awful for what he is supposed to do. Of course he is going to be unblocked and get tackles because the plays will funnel too him, but he didn't make plays. He had plenty of missed chances to stop the runner at the line or short but let him free or got a little hand on him and trail tackled down the field, that difference was huge in those games and shows the real impact of Briggs, makes one wonder what the Seattle game may have become if Briggs was in to make the stops.

Cover3

wat
Liked Posts:
A lot of that is because that is what the defense is designed to do and benefited by their gap alignment. What makes Briggs so great there is that he does make those plays and stops so many plays abruptly in the backfield or at the line.

What bothered me so much was reporters who time and time again prove they really have blinded knowledge was that they claimed Brandon Iwuh played great in the place of Briggs. He played awful for what he is supposed to do. Of course he is going to be unblocked and get tackles because the plays will funnel too him, but he didn't make plays. He had plenty of missed chances to stop the runner at the line or short but let him free or got a little hand on him and trail tackled down the field, that difference was huge in those games and shows the real impact of Briggs, makes one wonder what the Seattle game may have become if Briggs was in to make the stops.

I don't really bother with the media anymore, most of the time they have 0 idea of what they're talking about.. I mean they're still getting paid to ''analyse'' the games, and all they do is regurgitate the same old cliches all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.