Goodbye Pace

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I believe.

Pace should have 1 year left, and Nagy 2

Which makes for all kinds of "Just Bears" things that could or couldn't happen. ( I'd be betting on Pace and Nagy coming back, but even that is a weird spot since Pace will be in a lame duck season, and will be making all his decisions based on saving his ass. ) :/

there was an unconfirmed report that pace got an extension that made his contract expire at same time as Naggy

IMO I bet if this wasn’t a covid year George would have fired at the least Naggy. 50/50 on pace. But covid made allot of people lose $$$$$ so I don’t expect them to eat more.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Yes, I don't think that would have happened.

It took foles sucking for nagy to adjust his offense and allow lazor to call plays. It took foles sucking for him to scheme differently to his players strengths.

7-9 probably wouldnt even fire nagy pace.

It is what it is. It happened. Look at the positives now, you can't change the past. Mooney, Kmet, Monty all look like they could be very good nfl players. We still have cohen as well. There is some talent on offense at the skill positions finally. I'm happy about that.

We just need to get a qb
You are just blabbering about nothing here.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Better than clamoring to lose.
But lose the Bears did. And everyone knew it would happen.

And if the same regime is here next year, it will continue on. If you like that, fair enough.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I actually have some serious optimism for this offense if they can retain the services of arob and find a qb somehow(Draft/Trade).

Monty, Kmet, Mooney, Arob, cohen look like a legit group of skill position players to build around going forward.

We just need a QB and 5 OLmen.

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:
Coulda picked up Hunt

mecha

Liked Posts:
likely outcomes:
Trubisky gone

not so likely outcomes:
Nagy gone

impossible outcomes:
Pace gone

face it, we're in purgatory.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
yeah, kind of my stance on the matter. Browns are wtfpwning the Steelers, maybe it's time to switch to the AFC North huh

wow...the Browns are beating Pitt badly

Liked Posts:
Head Coaches that go to the NFL Playoffs 2 out of 3 years do not get fired. If the Bears fire Nagy it will be a not-so-attractive job because they've had success under him. Nagy is not responsible for Mitchell Trubisky. John Fox was the Bears head coach when Mitchell Trubisky was selected.

With that said now I could see a scenario where Pace is let go. Pace is the GM who moved in the draft and who selected Trubisky over Watson and Mahomes. That decision will follow him forever. Honestly when the Bears move on from Trubisky it will feel like they should also move on from Pace just to give the fans a sense of hope.

Fans will start stomping and shouting "trade for Watson" but I just don't know if the Bears will go that route. If they do then I wouldn't be totally "peeved" about it .

I could see a scenario where the Bears sign a free agent to compete with Foles for the job.

I could see a scenario where the Bears draft a rookie to develop under Foles for 1-2 years.

If you watched that game close enough today though you could plainly see that the Bears are much more than just "a QB" away from being a legit Super Bowl Contender.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
When people were clamoring for Mitch to come back as the starter around week 12, I said only bad things could come of it. And here we are with the #20 pick instead of probably top 10, a total embarrassment in the playoffs, and potentially keeping Nagy and Pace.

Be careful what you wish for.
I think Foles would have beat those teams too

mecha

Liked Posts:
Head Coaches that go to the NFL Playoffs 2 out of 3 years do not get fired. If the Bears fire Nagy it will be a not-so-attractive job because they've had success under him. Nagy is not responsible for Mitchell Trubisky. John Fox was the Bears head coach when Mitchell Trubisky was selected.

With that said now I could see a scenario where Pace is let go. Pace is the GM who moved in the draft and who selected Trubisky over Watson and Mahomes. That decision will follow him forever. Honestly when the Bears move on from Trubisky it will feel like they should also move on from Pace just to give the fans a sense of hope.

Fans will start stomping and shouting "trade for Watson" but I just don't know if the Bears will go that route. If they do then I wouldn't be totally "peeved" about it .

I could see a scenario where the Bears sign a free agent to compete with Foles for the job.

I could see a scenario where the Bears draft a rookie to develop under Foles for 1-2 years.

If you watched that game close enough today though you could plainly see that the Bears are much more than just "a QB" away from being a legit Super Bowl Contender.

see also: me saying this is purgatory. lol

Bears backed into the playoffs this year. when the NFL are being the equivalent to libtards adding a 7th seed, which never existed previously, and they never should've been in to begin with. and I guess that's permanent, not a COVID thing, so that's wonderful. I think this new playoff format is bullshit.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
And for that we got development of our previous draft picks.

Monty, Mooney, Kmet, Whitehair, etc.

We were never losing out. 7-9 is the worst we would have done. We are not worse than the texans or jags by any stretch.

Congrats, you would have picked a few spots higher and pace would just take another bust we could complain about.

Vildor and Duke Shelly got some great reps tonight too. Past few weeks with Johnson out as well.