Gordon on leaving: Bulls fans were cheated

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Parting can be sweet sorrow. Or in the case of Ben Gordon, who verbally agreed to join the Detroit Pistons on Wednesday, he feels sorry for some of those he's leaving behind in Chicago.

"To the fans, I generally had a great time being here," Gordon said in a phone interview. "For my true fans, I feel bad for them. The longtime fans of the Chicago Bulls - I just felt like they're being cheated.

"Not with me, but just things that happened in the past. I feel like the fans deserve a lot better."

"I'm finally happy to be a part of an organization that feels the same way I do about basketball," Gordon said. "We just talked about what this organization is about and what kind of culture he (Dumars) is building in Detroit and what his goals are, as far as trying to compete for a championship every single year.

"Being a good team is not enough. Their goal is to win a championship. To me, that's everything I wanted to hear from a GM. It was easy to sell me on that. I won in high school; I won in college. My basketball legacy won't be complete unless I win an NBA ring."

"The Bulls never made an offer," Gordon said. "We were all ears, my agent (Raymond Brothers) and myself.

"Even after I signed the one-year deal and the things that happened the last two summers, not once did we turn out backs on the Bulls. I said that I'd still be willing to listen to the Bulls and work something out.

"They didn't even make an offer to me. That was kind of surprising, but I guess it's part of the way they do business. I'm moving on, and I'm happy with my decision."

Asked if he expects to come off the bench in support of Richard Hamilton with the Pistons, Gordon answered, "I'm expecting to win for the Pistons. Minutes, number of starts - all of that is irrelevant right now. It's all about trying to compete for a championship.

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=304235

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
He should just exit with class and not take shots at the organization.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
"The Bulls never made an offer," Gordon said. "We were all ears, my agent (Raymond Brothers) and myself.

"Even after I signed the one-year deal and the things that happened the last two summers, not once did we turn out backs on the Bulls. I said that I'd still be willing to listen to the Bulls and work something out.

"They didn't even make an offer to me. That was kind of surprising, but I guess it's part of the way they do business. I'm moving on, and I'm happy with my decision."

They never made an offer? I can´t believe it. If this is true this is ridiculous.

engies

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:

Great another complaint. What the hell is your vendetta against him? If this was anyone else you wouldnt be so quick to jump in & post against him.

The fans have the right to know the truth about the situation. Bottom line is we were cheated, including you! Even if you didnt like Ben, say JR didnt pull the 54/6 deal from last year, we could've at least traded Ben coz thats great value on his contract & we could've attained someone else you or JR feels would fit better. Instead he was an egotistical moron with abuse of power who wanted to hold out a bone, have ben jump for it like a dog, then pull it away just because Ben didnt jump until the last minute.

Simeon2UC

Liked Posts:
If we're going to rebuild, why don't we just get rid of everyone. It seem like the management is taking baby steps. You don't lost a 20 point per game scorer then feel optimal about the upcoming season. I think the 09-10 roster will take a step back because of this irrational thinking. I hope they don't think Hinrich complements Rose better than Gordon. I rather have Thabo defense on the bench and Gordon shooting at the two, not just Hinrich as the third guard. I don't consider Hinrich or Salmons dangerous lol. Them dudes are laughable compared to Gordon. Plus, Salmons is old. Hinrich don't like contact, so how is he a SG, plus he's 6'2''.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:
Sorry but its good to be told the truth that they never even made an offer. If you want to close your eyes to it go ahead but the rest of us want to know.

MADman24

Liked Posts:
TheStig wrote:
houheffna wrote:
Sorry but its good to be told the truth that they never even made an offer. If you want to close your eyes to it go ahead but the rest of us want to know.
This seems like one bad joke,

'Reinsdorf is soooo cheap,

"How cheap is he?"

He is so cheap that he didn't even make an offer to his best player of the last 5 years cause he didn't want to go into the luxury tax.'

Except instead of laughing I feel more like crying.

cool007

Liked Posts:
I just hate our Front Office - THE ENTIRE FO. I hate JR so much that I totally believe in non violence but I would not hesitate killing that guy.

Note to JR: SELL THE TEAM DAMMIT.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
yo' owna' so stupid he let yo' best playa' go fo' nuttin'!

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
I just don't like being lied to & thats EXACTLY what the Bulls front office did to all of us. Time & time again we heard Gomer Pyle tell us "Signing BG is our top priority this offseason". Then to not even extend an offer is an abosolute insult to the fans who pay your FUCKIN SALARY!!! I will never, EVER, trust a single word that comes out of the Bulls Front Orifice as long as Reinsdork & co. are here.

BG is absolutely correct. We were all cheated & I think we all have the right to feel a bit slighted about it.