Great Aaron Donald video....

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is the real deal which is why you see so many on here so excited about him.

Always keep in mind how bad most of the o-lineman he faces look though. I think the big east must have been having problems because those look like texas high school scrubs.

He is exceptional but he still causes me some fear because he is exceptionally small for a DT. Its like if Melton always played DT in college instead of FB, DE, and then continuing to bulk up until he is finally just now a 300lb tackle because he is hurt and overweight.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
wonder if WE need to trade up to get Donald.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
wonder if WE need to trade up to get Donald.

yes I have been thinking about that for some days, and though he is undersized I think he gets respect from anyone that recognizes what makes a d-lineman successful. He gets lots of comparisons to Warren Sapp and with today's high tempo offenses he is the ultimate weapon other than a premier edge rusher, maybe just as important.

I think he could go top 10 for sure, and we might have to settle with taking a safety or two but we prepared the d-line for that in free agency.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
I hope he is there at 14. This guy is a beast. He answers any questions about size with his strength and exceptional quickness.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
yes I have been thinking about that for some days, and though he is undersized I think he gets respect from anyone that recognizes what makes a d-lineman successful. He gets lots of comparisons to Warren Sapp and with today's high tempo offenses he is the ultimate weapon other than a premier edge rusher, maybe just as important.

I think he could go top 10 for sure, and we might have to settle with taking a safety or two but we prepared the d-line for that in free agency.

Thats what scares me, Donald is gone at 14 and we take the next best player Ha Ha at safty... At, that point we are relying on a draft pick to start at the 3 tech who will we drafr to start?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thats what scares me, Donald is gone at 14 and we take the next best player Ha Ha at safty... At, that point we are relying on a draft pick to start at the 3 tech who will we drafr to start?

my friend. Ratliff is a 3-Tech pro-bowler. Paea played 3-tech in college and was miscast here because of Melton. And Houston is a 3-tech in college who plays DT on third down for the Raiders.

Collins is also a 3-tech. Our real problem is we don't have a natural anchor. A natural NT. That is why I don't rule out Nix, tuitt, or Wilfork.

We could decide we want that player to anchor and stop the run and protect the linebackers still. Right now we are still running basically a nascar front of 4 pass rushers, 3 of them 3-tech's with an oversize on one end, that might be further overloaded with Shea.

We can go a lot of directions, but d-line in draft is no longer a need. Melton would just complete that and add yet another 3-tech.

The thing with Melton is at his best he will be the best 3-tech in that group next year including Donald as a rookie. Melton is just further along and stronger. However, we can't count on Melton. He is historically inconsistent needing Lovie to ride him, and emery to chide him about his workouts. He gained weight with the injury, and is going to take some time to get back to form if he ever does.

We are better off drafting Donald and hoping he is a savant.

I personally collect 2 safeties as early as I can because I think it fits into the 3 year plan better. those guys will improve us from day 1 whereas a d-lineman can take 3-4 years to develop. By then you have to pay them anyway.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I'll add that many of my family members graduated from Pitt and half my family still lives in Pittsburgh. My uncle has had season tickets for over 40 years for Pitt football and basketball and even travels to away games. He thinks so highly of Donald he thinks he is in the top 20 players he has ever seen at Pitt. That says a lot from a university that has the football history Pitt does as far as producing high level NFL players. His opinion, but he has seen everyone that has gone through that university for the past 40 plus years.

Ask your uncle for his top 20 Pitt players of all time. Would be interesting to hear it.