Greg Olsen...oh really?

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Nice piece of revisionist history. Few wanted Olsen gone, we just accepted that the Bears were going to trade him because of Martz. He wasn't without his flaws, and still goes down at first contact, but I'd rather have him here than elsewhere.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This. Olsen was an average player at best in Chicago; he was never a consistent blocker and could practically get tackled by a strong gust of wind. Any average tight end would look good when you have no other receivers and your quarterback is having an MVP season.

Would it be nice to have Olsen right now? Sure, but let's not act like we traded Gronk away.

It was dumb of the BEars to get rid of Olsen. But then they were also dumb to get rid of Marshall also. Different regimes yet still stupid decisions. Olsen was certainly not as good as Gronk but no one is. Doesn't mean they weren't idiots to get rid of Olsen.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
You've got two options, here:

A) They knew they could win a Super Bowl and waited until the third round to draft him.

B) They didn't know they could win a Super Bowl with him and underestimated his talent.

Those are your two choices, little fella. Pick one.

uuh....NO...."Super Bowl" is YOUR verbiage not mine. I never mentioned "Super Bowl".
Lets recap what I said originally:

Quote Originally Posted by run and shoot View Post
We had Russ Wilson just up the road at the U of Wisc. and didn't have the smarts to see his talent

During RW pro-workout at Wisc. we were looking at another Qb ( can't remember him)....Oh yeah...freakin' Matt Blanchard,Wisc. Whitewater

Point is we blow it when it comes to assessing Qb talent.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So why did the Bears ever get rid of Greg Olsen?

As Panthers tight end Greg Olsen prepares to play in his first career Super Bowl, Bears fans commemorating the 30th anniversary of the franchise’s only Super Bowl win surely are lamenting the fact that Olsen was shipped out of town. They also may be confused regarding why their team gave up on a player who gradually has blossomed into one of the best tight ends in the NFL.

The answer is simple; Olsen didn’t fit the system of offensive coordinator Mike Martz, and Martz wasn’t willing to make his system fit Olsen.

“There’s no worse feeling then not being able to play up to your potential,” Olsen said after he was traded to Carolina in 2011, following one season with Martz. “Last year, I felt like that was the case.”

Coincidentally, the head coach of the Bears at the time was Lovie Smith, who like Martz has a reputation for putting scheme above personnel. The G.M. of the Bears at the time already has admitted that the Bears blew it with Olsen.

“It was a mistake to trade him,” Jerry Angelo said last year. “I understand he wasn’t the ideal fit in the scheme, but we let our best receiver go.”

It’s a lesson for every coach who is so obsessed with his system that he loses sight of what his players can do. Ultimately, the challenge of coaching is to figure out what your players do well, to figure out what they don’t do well, and to do the things that they do well and to not do the things they don’t do well.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
We had Russ Wilson just up the road at the U of Wisc. and didn't have the smarts to see his talent
Turning a Greg Olsen thread into a black quarterback masturbation thread in one post...well done.

Reactions: WCL

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Turning a Greg Olsen thread into a black quarterback masturbation thread in one post...well done.

why are u always bringing up race. what da fuck is wrong with u.

At the end of the day...it's about us failing to bring in and keep talented players. go play that race game with someone else

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
You know that you're genuinely fucking stupid, right?

I know that name-calling is the 1st sign of low intellect when a person like u get mentally stomped and exposed.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
why are u always bringing up race. what da fuck is wrong with u.

At the end of the day...it's about us failing to bring in and keep talented players. go play that race game with someone else
You do recognize that in the last month you have posted favorably about or even suggested the Bears should be interested in drafting or acquiring:
Trevor Boykins TCU QB: arrested for assualt
Cordale Jones OSU QB: benched by his college coach
Dak Prescott MSU QB
Jacoby Brissett QB NCSU
Vernon Adams QB OU
RGIII

On the other hand saying you wouldn't draft any of the 1st round QB's
Wentz
Lynch
Goff
being critical of their competition played
and pointing to
Nate Sudfelds play as poor.

See any pattern there? Let me help you. Not one white QB in the first list, not one black one in the second.
You are just a racist, plain and simple. And honestly, I don't care that you are, but don't act like you are not.

Pointing out that you universally support black QB's, never ever leveling an ounce of criticism against even those that have been horrible as payers and in life, even excusing the likes of J'marcus Russell in the past because:
J'Marcus Russell was surrounded by total crap, leadership and coaching...
is not me playing the race card. It is you doing it. You don't have to say White, Black, Chinese, Mexican to play the race card or be racist, as you illustrate all too well.

I will try not to point out your prejudice in the future, but when it makes for ludicrous statements in your posts or channeling Russell Wilson into a Greg Olsen thread it is difficult not to point out your hypocrisy.

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
You do recognize that in the last month you have posted favorably about or even suggested the Bears should be interested in drafting or acquiring:
Trevor Boykins TCU QB: arrested for assualt.....Manning settled outta' court once with a female trainer who he sexually harrassed at Tenn. now what?
Cordale Jones OSU QB: benched by his college coach.....Jones DOES NOT FIT MEYERS "O" ...like when Aikman didn't fit the sooners "O"
Dak Prescott MSU QB.....this guy turned the Miss. football around and had a good showing at the Senior Bowl
Jacoby Brissett QB NCSU......the poster "pickles" pointed this qb out to me
Vernon Adams QB OU.....he out played Goff
RGIII......at 25, why should he be "washed out"

On the other hand saying you wouldn't draft any of the 1st round QB's
Wentz
Lynch
Goff
being critical of their competition played
and pointing to
Nate Sudfelds play as poor.

See any pattern there? Let me help you. Not one white QB in the first list, not one black one in the second.
You are just a racist, plain and simple. And honestly, I don't care that you are, but don't act like you are not.

Pointing out that you universally support black QB's, never ever leveling an ounce of criticism against even those that have been horrible as payers and in life, even excusing the likes of J'marcus Russell in the past because:
is not me playing the race card. It is you doing it. You don't have to say White, Black, Chinese, Mexican to play the race card or be racist, as you illustrate all too well.

I will try not to point out your prejudice in the future, but when it makes for ludicrous statements in your posts or channeling Russell Wilson into a Greg Olsen thread it is difficult not to point out your hypocrisy.

I never said any of those guys should go in the 1st round.

I believe in the duel-threat Qb whether it's Fran Tarkenton, Rodger Staubach ( Aaron Rodgers), Jim Zorn, John Elway,
Steve Young, Doug Flutie, Johnny Manziel or Mark Brunell. Again....... go play the race game with someone else.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Man, this went well...