Gustafsson re-signed

Granada

Liked Posts:
Retread, retread, retread....Bowman loves his retreads.....Keeps them retreads coming......Dipstick!

Cut 'em out....Ride 'em in.....Cut 'em out.......No, reel 'em in!......Cut 'em out.....reel 'em in......Bowman!

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Retread, retread, retread....Bowman loves his retreads.....Keeps them retreads coming......Dipstick!

Cut 'em out....Ride 'em in.....Cut 'em out.......No, reel 'em in!......Cut 'em out.....reel 'em in......Bowman!

He's like a kid in the 90's who has taken apart the VCR and is now trying to put it back together.

"Wait it used to work when I had this piece here.... this one there.... fuck, its still clicking."

Granada

Liked Posts:
He's like a kid in the 90's who has taken apart the VCR and is now trying to put it back together.

"Wait it used to work when I had this piece here.... this one there.... fuck, its still clicking."
Yeah, I've actually approved of the majority of Bowman's moves this off-season, but this one is just pointless in my view. We all know what an utter liability Guss is defensively, and he's just redundant now with Jones.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I've actually approved of the majority of Bowman's moves this off-season, but this one is just pointless in my view. We all know what an utter liability Guss is defensively, and he's just redundant now with Jones.

Yep. We have Jones now. He can man the PP and still play D. No need for Gus.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hopefully Gus is just a placeholder till Kalynuk heals. The kid is faster, just as skilled, better defensively and most importantly....he is considerably younger. It's very early, but I'm not real sold on what I saw of Jones on the PP....maybe he just needs a bit more time at it with his new teammates. The PP didn't score much when he was on it but it really looked solid by comparison when Kal was the QB.

There is some good news......

The Bowman love affair is apparently over

Granada

Liked Posts:
Hopefully Gus is just a placeholder till Kalynuk heals. The kid is faster, just as skilled, better defensively and most importantly....he is considerably younger. It's very early, but I'm not real sold on what I saw of Jones on the PP....maybe he just needs a bit more time at it with his new teammates. The PP didn't score much when he was on it but it really looked solid by comparison when Kal was the QB.

There is some good news......

The Bowman love affair is apparently over
Nylander sent down is very good news, although it does make Bowman's trade of Joker all the worse. I will admit though that I haven't kept up with Joker since he was traded, yet still, I would have liked to have seen more of him here as opposed to fucking Nylander.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nylander sent down is very good news, although it does make Bowman's trade of Joker all the worse. I will admit though that I haven't kept up with Joker since he was traded, yet still, I would have liked to have seen more of him here as opposed to fucking Nylander.
Yeah, it's good that he's not here taking up space but bad that he's turned out to be such a complete stiff. After eyeballing his shifts this preseason, I've come to the conclusion that he's just not a real bright kid. He skates around out there like he's either lost, confused or in a trance. He never seems to know where to position himself. Such a waste......

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This was more of a salary cap move. Gets the Hawks up to the cap before they LTIR Shaw kicks in. Gus will be no more than 6-7 D-Man here. Gives us something in case Mitchell struggles as we wait for Kalynuk and Jones come back from IR

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I guess one of the coaches down in Rockford was Nylander coach when he was with the Mission, and they have a good relationship. I hope Nylander can put it together, but time is ticking. Other prospects are moving up the depth chart.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Trade the Joker for Nylander, send Nylander down, why, because to put it politely he sucks, 2 years years later the Hawks bring back Gus, who can’t play defence for his life, can’t QB a PP, what use does he have.
I mentioned in another topic, Bowman is about to face some serious issues around the corner, this is just him being an idiot, something we are all used to. The salary cap is about to get real ugly around here, Nick Suzuki 7.8/for 8years. The Cats contract is around the corner, Kubalik is around the corner Toews and Kane around the corner. Stan might want to start figuring this shit out, before it gets real ugly in Chicago land.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The salary cap is about to get real ugly around here, Nick Suzuki 7.8/for 8years. The Cats contract is around the corner, Kubalik is around the corner Toews and Kane around the corner. Stan might want to start figuring this shit out, before it gets real ugly in Chicago land.
Toews and Kane. Providing the Cat and Kubes continue doing what they're doing....at their age, you pay them. But Toews and Kane. What do you do on that front? According to Sportrac, they're pay is actually kind of affordable....$6.9 mill.....it's the $10.5 mill cap hit that hurts. They will both be 34 when the contracts run out....an age where a good portion of players start regressing. That will be a tough call.