Has a team ever fired a coaching staff the week before a playoff game?

BeerFan

Liked Posts:
It was a terrible high risk play that went against everything that worked 4 times earlier. 12" and you go into shotgun? it's the cute nagy bs that has the Bears the same mediocre 8-8.
4th and inches. Shotgun is what should be called each and every time! :rolleyes:

pablovi

Liked Posts:
Nah. Making the playoffs will keep ownership happy for one year
And this is why this franchise will never be successful again. Maybe in 108 years like the Cubs

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
i lurved how they were 4 for 4 on 4th and the 5th attempt is a shotgun pass.
Been a long time since I get pissed about a play call, but that one broke me. I’ve been done with Nagy for awhile, but holy shot of all the play calls on 4th and a football and that is what you call.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Been a long time since I get pissed about a play call, but that one broke me. I’ve been done with Nagy for awhile, but holy shot of all the play calls on 4th and a football and that is what you call.
Baffling. That's Nagy though. Baffle the audience. At some point, hell most points, football is football and you gotta smash the other guy. It's not brain surgery. Go out and get the yard by running or sneaking right up the gut. But not Nagy...

#FireEveryoneGeorge

Liked Posts:
Didn't the Titans fire somebody after winning a playoff game? Like recently?

Ironically, the Titans fired Mike Mularkey after winning a wild card game against the Nagy-coordinated Chiefs and losing a divisional game against the Patriots in 2018.

This was the infamous “Andy Reid called all the good plays” game where the Chiefs had a large lead going into the second half. Instead of running the ball, Nagy decided to chuck it again and again, which ended up costing the Chiefs the victory. Two days later the Bears would hire Nagy.

Maybe George remember how all this went down and fire Pace & Nagy next weekend after the Saints blow the doors off the Bears.

Liked Posts:
It was a terrible high risk play that went against everything that worked 4 times earlier. 12" and you go into shotgun? it's the cute nagy bs that has the Bears the same mediocre 8-8.
Did they not convert one to mooney on 4th down out of shotgun?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins