Hawk sign some dude I ain't never heard of before.

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
Matt Carey. Hey, at least he is a center. I have no clue about him other then he was once academically ineligible.</p>

</p>

I am trying to figure out this move. How much cap space was there? Could not someone from Rockford be called up?</p>

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
Same here.</p>

</p>

With this signing and the Leblanc signing last year, I was wondering, who are the current NHL players (NOT Dmen) who are effective everyday players that took the route of completing college?</p>

</p>

I looked up a few but since 2000 or so I am not seeing any big forward names that spent 4 years in college. </p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="PSR" data-cid="223865" data-time="1395360733">

Same here.

With this signing and the Leblanc signing last year, I was wondering, who are the current NHL players (NOT Dmen) who are effective everyday players that took the route of completing college?

I looked up a few but since 2000 or so I am not seeing any big forward names that spent 4 years in college.</p></blockquote>

StanBo has been going the NCAA route a lot the past few years in the draft. These kids get 4 plus years to develop and the NCAA is more practice then games, where a lot of development happens. Plus, some skaters are late bloomers so they get passed up (Adam Oates, St. Louis, Purcell, Peverly, Kunitz).

It's typical for NHL teams to try and sign guys after their 4 years are up from the NCAA. Remember, after the age of 20, all nonsigned player are free agents. Had Shaw not been drafted in his last year of juniors, he would of been free reign for all 30 teams.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
After looking it up, he was 20 and playing in the OJHL (rung below the OHL) during his final draft year. He only played one season of NCAA as he sat out his first year.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is this the next great Blackhawk like Drew LeBlanc?

Lmfao... Remember the idiots that were excited about him?

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Leblanc will be lucky if he ever makes it as a NHL regular. More or less a depth signing and if he makes it, great. If not, who gives a shot.

Variable

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="WickedWrister" data-cid="223888" data-time="1395412766">
<div>

Is this the next great Blackhawk like Drew LeBlanc?

Lmfao... Remember the idiots that were excited about him?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Think there was only one idiot who was excited about him.</p>

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
I can assure you it wasn't me, </p>

</p>

I think Foley was right when he kept calling the kid "LeBlah"</p>

phranchk

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="CLWolf81" data-cid="223976" data-time="1395507920">
<div>

I can assure you it wasn't me, </p>

</p>

I think Foley was right when he kept calling the kid "LeBlah"</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

It is ironic his name last name is pronounced that way, but he did play decent in his short time with the Hawks. Not sure how he seemed to take such a large step back this season in Rockford.</p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="phranchk" data-cid="223977" data-time="1395510995">

It is ironic his name last name is pronounced that way, but he did play decent in his short time with the Hawks. Not sure how he seemed to take such a large step back this season in Rockford.</p></blockquote>
Dandault and McNeill being slotted ahead of him probably doesn't help.