Hawks @ Flames IGT January 28th 8:30 p.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
The hawks have made any bottom dwelling team look like cup contenders lately. Their play is suffering for some reason

And, just like that, it's tied.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The hawks have made any bottom dwelling team look like cup contenders lately. Their play is suffering for some reason

like they said in the telecast...line one is fine but line 2 is having an issue with a lack of setup man for kaner

Sent from my Rotary Phone using Tapatalk

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
like they said in the telecast...line one is fine but line 2 is having an issue with a lack of setup man for kaner

Hoping either Versteeg or Pirri can fill that role.

Versteeg had a real nice pass to set up Kane's goal in the 1st.

Oh, and in less than a period, Kane already has more goals with those linemates than he'd had all year with Handzus as his center. Worth noting.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Defenses arrived for the third period, it appears.

B18

Fresh Legs
Liked Posts:
Handzus is the man... Should have just retired after last yr tho

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hoping either Versteeg or Pirri can fill that role.

Versteeg had a real nice pass to set up Kane's goal in the 1st.

Oh, and in less than a period, Kane already has more goals with those linemates than he'd had all year with Handzus as his center. Worth noting.

zus filled a role nicely last year. he should have went out on top and retired after he got the cup. 670 and rozner i believe was talking about trying to nab one of their nhl ready talents. that would be icing on the cake.

B18

Fresh Legs
Liked Posts:
Maybe if they win the game they will have momentum playing SJ..

B18

Fresh Legs
Liked Posts:
So much for that thought. The Olympics can't come soon enough for this team

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
zus filled a role nicely last year. he should have went out on top and retired after he got the cup. 670 and rozner i believe was talking about trying to nab one of their nhl ready talents. that would be icing on the cake.

Wait, wait ... there's a rumor that someone may want Zus in a trade?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Regarding tonight:

fuck-this-and-this.gif

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL, how pathetic. Out hustled by a team wiith nothing to play for and that's going nowhere. Somebody needs to turn the light on for thid team but I guess thats what winning gets you in the long run. Complacency.

Sad.

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I want to say this team is not Stanley Cup worthy, that it isn't the same team of last year, that we won't get past the second round....but maybe I'm getting all doomsday for nothing.

I agree with B18....is it Olympics yet?

B18

Fresh Legs
Liked Posts:
Were going to get the shit kicked out of us in California.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
I want to say this team is not Stanley Cup worthy, that it isn't the same team of last year, that we won't get past the second round....but maybe I'm getting all doomsday for nothing.

I agree with B18....is it Olympics yet?
Yer getting all Doomsday for nothing.

The Hawks have slumped during the season every year including the first Cup win. This is nothing to worry about.

The problem with this team is they let up so many times earlier in the season it might come back and haunt them when playoff positioning is at a premium. They have been coasting for almost a month now and with the exception of actual playoff teams, seem disinterested in games.

This team is still coming out of the West. There isn't a team that can match them. Let them go thru this crap now and get their minds right come playoff time.

13-3!!!

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
To me winning or losing is not the issue. Getting outworked and out hustled by notably weaker teams is just not acceptable, its just laziness.....if I don't show up for work, I don't get paid. Why should this be any different? If you are a professional athlete....act like one, show up and play your best. If you get beat, you get beat but at least lay it on the line.....it's their job. Example...the Winnipeg game. They played very well for a large portion of that game but got beat by a backup goalie in dream land. That happens sometimes but this game against the flames...they showed very little effort or desire. They got beat up and down the ice by a very mediocre Calgary team and that should not happen to a team that considers itself championship material.

Status
Not open for further replies.