Hawks get Rundblad and Brisebois

nick.santangelo.9

Liked Posts:
Not a bad move for the hawks. Getting two young guys who have some potential. Rundblad will report to the hawks and will wear number 5.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Leddy is as good as gone now.

Kesler, welcome to the Hawks.

Crumpet?

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Leddy is as good as gone now.

Kesler, welcome to the Hawks.

Crumpet?

Maybe, could view him as merely cheap depth however. 8th d-man on roster after Bowman said he didn't want to go back to that though, so it would not shock me to see him and Bicks packaged together.

Only question is whether the combo of Kesler + Rundblad is > Teravainen + Leddy (with Bickell still around?) come playoff time. I'd lean towards a yes because we have no idea what Teravainen would be, but obviously I'd take Leddy over Rundblad right now on a "who would you rather have regardless of whatever" basis.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
there is more to this deal. they are setting themselves up for another move

Sent from my Rotary Phone using Tapatalk

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agreed on this.

Not on this.

bowmans track record has him rumored in big deals all the time than he gets a role player. i expect a role player or an avg 2c

Sent from my Rotary Phone using Tapatalk

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
I doubt the Hawks are in on Kesler - not that I don't think he wouldn't be a welcome addition - i just have not read anyone reliable (meaning from places like TSN) even talking about it.

Nice move for the future possibly. Probably nothing more than that ... ok, and a Brisbois.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Not on this.
The more I think about it I think you are right.

I wonder if Bowman is kicking the tires on Spezza.........

crumpet?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I believe a few of the beat reporters said that Rundblad is expected to make his Hawks debut on Sunday against Buffalo. I'm interested to see what the kid can do, now that we know he isn't going anywhere.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he is a plus defender that can fit in here than I think he is worth a high draft pick. If he isn't than we wasted a valuable asset to try the fit.

His age is great, and is likely better than any defender we could have added right now with that pick.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Runblaad was a #17 overall pick defenseman in the first round for St.Louis.

But we are getting him for a second 4 years down the road. I like that for us. We need defenseman in the farm that are ready right now, and this solved that with one pick. One young guy for here with 1st round talent, one young guy for Rockford.

Once again we make the right small,

People need to get off Crawford and Bickell too, because Crawford has played amazing this year until very recently, and he will return to form. And Bickell just needs to show up to the playoffs. His style of play is inflammatory and we don't instigate until playoffs. He is clearly taking it easy, and eventually I think he finds his slap shot again.

If he is a gamer who rounds into form in May....what the hell is wrong with that? I love it and worth every penny if he can be a leader again in hits and points.

I don't know all the reasons we use him differently in regular season but I think the game is a bit different and we don't like to fire up the other team. Once he is cleared to play with emotion I think we will see what kind of gamer he is again.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
... I don't know that draft position is always reliable - for example Cam Barker was a number 3 overall pick -and where is he now?