Hawks ink Potulny?

Ton

Liked Posts:
Insteresting signing, I think he has a good chance at making the team.

Looks like there will be a battle for some spots after all... LOVE IT!

Before it looked like Skille, Dowell, Bickell, etc.. were all getting free rides... well maybe not anymore. This guy will probably give some of them a run and if he doesn't make the team I bet he sees a look if there is injury.

Good depth move.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
[quote name="Ton"]Insteresting signing, I think he has a good chance at making the team.

Looks like there will be a battle for some spots after all... LOVE IT!

Before it looked like Skille, Dowell, Bickell, etc.. were all getting free rides... well maybe not anymore. This guy will probably give some of them a run and if he doesn't make the team I bet he sees a look if there is injury.

Good depth move.[/quote]

I was trying to make a joke about the center being deep, but I'm too tired.

Ton

Liked Posts:
[quote name="MassHavoc"]

I was trying to make a joke about the center being deep, but I'm too tired.[/quote]

It is, but remember Joel likes rotating two centers on the 4th line (Madden, Fraser, and even Burish when he came back)

Potulny, Dowell, and Skille will be fighting for a spot, and maybe all of them will make it, we need a reserve forward as well and he would fit that role perfectly.

Potulny's potential role for the Blackhawks

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
From what I've heard, the guy is not a strong skater at all. He also was a healthy scratch many games for Edmonton because of how big a defensive liability he is. The guy just doesn't know how to play two-way hockey. A team like Edmonton did not even qualify him... That speaks for itself. I think this is a signing for Rockford, nothing more.

Oh, and he also shys away from contact(probably because of being a bad skater) and does not hit. Honestly, what role could this guy possibly take on for the Hawks?

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Well apparently the Oilers did not want to let him go but negotiations with him were not going well. Appears to me he didn't want anything to do with the Oilers.

I think it's a good signing myself.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Even if this is just a Rockford signing, that means that someone there is playing well enough to get a look.