Hear me out (this all is part of the plan)

jive

Liked Posts:
The biggest issue with this theory is there haven't been any high impact players drafted in the last 2 seasons so you're basically starting from ground zero two full seasons after tearing it all down. If they had drafted a few high impact players and there were units that still sucked, that's understandable. But this team doesn't have any positional units that one could call a strength.

You have a nearly completely rebuilt secondary that can't stay on the field (likely will need to draft another safety next year). The two DTs are rotational pieces but so far haven't flashed anything to think they can be star worthy contributors at some point. The DEs are a disaster. The two big money linebackers they've signed have largely been MIA.

Then you turn to the offense and the best drafted player by Poles is a 5th round LT now dealing with a neck injury. Your best offensive lineman can't stay on the field (Jenkins). Kmet has looked like 'just a guy' so far after signing a big extension. The running back spot has been flashes of positive but mostly discouraging (especially coming off last season's success). QB obviously has been a disaster.

This team isn't winning anything until they start getting some high impact contributors on both sides of the ball. Poles has shown nothing so far from the drafting, scouting and free agency aspect to even deserve a 3rd season. Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't even consider making a GM move until after year 3 was completed to see the progress/trajectory but they've been so bad in the opposite direction that I have no faith in him to make two first round picks next offseason.
Sadly during his 2 seasons, he hasn't acquired anyone to build around on either side of the ball.
If you're starting from scratch in season 3 after a complete teardown, the #1 pick, and the most cap space in the league, you're just not a good GM.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Some of the people that laugh at my small penis, have an even smaller one.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If you have the #1 pick and you think your current QB is not the answer then you should of drafted his replacement..
Isn’t it “should have?.”

Maybe he wasn’t sold on that QB class; that he was early looking forward to this class? Either way, I don’t think that he’s here come February

Collins77

Liked Posts:
Found this gem. Wasn't as crazy as it sounded. Kinda...

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I didn't realize this was a thread bump at first and was pretty confused.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is Flus Caleb’s Doug Collins?

Bust

Liked Posts:
Somewhere in the last 48 hours I started looking at the bigger picture and I think Poles and Halas hall had planned and expected to have a bad year.

You make it sound like it's only been one bad year. 2-18 record vs a division opponent says otherwise. Justin's already had 6 shots at it. Finished his career 0-6 vs Green Bay. threw more picks > tds. Got sacked close to 20 times.

Wonder how the voting went? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm