Hester: I'm going to play less on Offense...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's the issue when you have no legit #1 WR then.

MRN

MRNeverwearthesamething
Donator
Liked Posts:
I actually thought Hester was just now showing some true potential and going up for the ball instead of hoping he gets open deep.

Derkach77

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
With Hester playing less on offense we should be even better. As long as Aroma and Knox can be consistent our team will put up more points.

regoob2

Liked Posts:
Music to my ears. He's still going to get better during practice and he'll still play which is good.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Get better at what? Being a wide receiver? He's had more than two years to learn the position, and he's just now starting to move away from the "why is he a receiver, again?" tag. Even then, he still gets confused on plays, still has average-at-best hands and isn't very good at running routes. I'm sick of hearing Bears fans say "well you need to give Hester time" or anything of the sort, he's had almost three years to learn the position and get better, and he hasn't done so significantly. Also, keep in mind that he's 28, so he's going to start losing a step or two pretty soon, if he hasn't already, and after that goes he has very little, if anything, to fall back on.

If I recall correctly, Hester's contract has a lot of performance-based escalators that hinge on him being a wide receiver, so limiting his offensive reps could be the team looking to save themselves from paying out huge bonuses either because they want to go out on the cheap just because, or because someone in the organization realizes that this team needs a real wide receiver.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Get better at what? Being a wide receiver? He's had more than two years to learn the position, and he's just now starting to move away from the "why is he a receiver, again?" tag. Even then, he still gets confused on plays, still has average-at-best hands and isn't very good at running routes. I'm sick of hearing Bears fans say "well you need to give Hester time" or anything of the sort, he's had almost three years to learn the position and get better, and he hasn't done so significantly. Also, keep in mind that he's 28, so he's going to start losing a step or two pretty soon, if he hasn't already, and after that goes he has very little, if anything, to fall back on.

If I recall correctly, Hester's contract has a lot of performance-based escalators that hinge on him being a wide receiver, so limiting his offensive reps could be the team looking to save themselves from paying out huge bonuses either because they want to go out on the cheap just because, or because someone in the organization realizes that this team needs a real wide receiver.

Was going to point out the bolded part...but I think it's b/c hester realizes his next paycheck will come from team looking for a home-run threat in the return game instead of a team looking for a talented #4 receiver...or at least factors in just as much as the Bears looking to save money.

Status
Not open for further replies.