hester was unhappy in chicago

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I remember Jay early after being acquired from the Broncos saying something to the effect that Devin is a kinda go up and get it kinda WR , which he is not. He was so blatantly being sarcastic, I knew he was making a point about Devin. Also Jay liked Dane SausagandBacon who at least would run back to the QB and not wait for the ball to arrive where a CB can INT it.
Jay plain likes receivers that are aggressive and I cant fault him for it.

Jay specifically said Hester is not a go up and get it guy. He has taken some little digs at Devin over the years.

lol

:lmao:

What is funny about this?

Woods

Chicago Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
8 pages about Hester. That's LOL-able.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Micheal Wright. "Hester admitted to feeling unhappy about his role toward the end of his Chicago tenure. Unable to click with quarterback Jay Cutler, Hester requested prior to 2013 that the Bears didn't use him on offense."

He quit before Trestman could utilize him.

Bears coach Lovie Smith believes Devin Hester "can become a No. 1 receiver in the league."

In 2008 Hester lead the team in yards and receptions at WR. Doesn't matter what we want #1 to mean, he was ours.

Can we stop the spin and debate on these points. They're knowns.

Whomever said Ryan is more accurate than Cutler is just wrong. He makes safer throws. It's an attribute but not the same thing.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Micheal Wright. "Hester admitted to feeling unhappy about his role toward the end of his Chicago tenure. Unable to click with quarterback Jay Cutler, Hester requested prior to 2013 that the Bears didn't use him on offense."

He quit before Trestman could utilize him.

Bears coach Lovie Smith believes Devin Hester "can become a No. 1 receiver in the league."

In 2008 Hester lead the team in yards and receptions at WR. Doesn't matter what we want #1 to mean, he was ours.

Can we stop the spin and debate on these points. They're knowns.

Whomever said Ryan is more accurate than Cutler is just wrong. He makes safer throws. It's an attribute but not the same thing.

You just agreed with me. He did lead the team in targets one year in 2008 when Brandon Lloyd couldn't stay on the field. Thanks for the correction but this doesn't amount to the "Lovie said he is a number one" that is constantly thrown around on the radio and on this board. That story is a great straw man to beat on.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lloyd was taken off the scrap heap before his resurgence. He had known issues and showed them again while here before getting his head straight for a couple years after. No one was hiring Lloyd to be their go to at the time. LLoyd played in 11 games and never started after his return in week 11. Lets talk about this for a few more pages as well. Hester was our #1. No one knows what that actually means but there was no question about who we considered the 1st option WR on our team.

Remi? Is that you?

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
A decoy for who?
Sent from my 20CDCTO1WW using Tapatalk

The Bears?

He could've been used sparingly in multiple positions...sans O line.

There seems to be a correlation in snaps and return TDs

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There must be no mirrors in his home.

Did the Bears misuse Hester? Yes. Was he even an average receiver? No. Did he run the wrong routes? Yes. DId he go up and get the ball? No. To me, the guy should have been cast as a DB or nickel guy. I know they tried him originally but they had guys who were better at the time. BUt they tried to put the wrong guy at wide-receiver.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
I still remember playing the Giants at Soldier Field and would have won the game with a bomb to Hester that clanged off his hands

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did the Bears misuse Hester? Yes. Was he even an average receiver? No. Did he run the wrong routes? Yes. DId he go up and get the ball? No. To me, the guy should have been cast as a DB or nickel guy. I know they tried him originally but they had guys who were better at the time. BUt they tried to put the wrong guy at wide-receiver.

How do we know how often he ran the wrong route? Do you have any idea what he graded out on the coach's review? I would love to know. I don't know if it has ever come out, if it has, please link it.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Hester was a horrible WR and frankly, was a victim of the times. He's a 10 play a game gimmick receiver (slot, sweeps, bubble screens) but unfortunately was tasked with being a #1 on a team devoid of NFL WR. Would be like asking a Formula 1 car to be a minivan. Both are motor vehicles, but each has it's purpose.

Devin is a luxury that Atlanta can afford to use because they have the second best WR tandem in football (after the Bears) and a very good #3 in Douglas. They have no tight end and don't have a receiving back.

The Bears have that great tight end duo AND a very good tight end AND the best receiving back in football. Bottom line, is they don't NEED Devin Hester in the offense. So, now we are talking about $3M for a guy that plays 4-6 plays a game (and frankly will probably LOSE the team as many yards in returns as he'll gain based on bad decisions, bad fair catches choices, etc).

Very simple - the Bears didn't NEED Devin. Sure, they'd like to have him in the return game knowing what they know now. Their needs were on defense, NOT on offense.

They spent the money in the right place.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How do we know how often he ran the wrong route? Do you have any idea what he graded out on the coach's review? I would love to know. I don't know if it has ever come out, if it has, please link it.

That's a good question. Truth is I do not know for sure. It just seemed to look that way by the look of disdain on Cutler's face.