Hicks got Snubbed Again.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
These list snubs don't bother me. What bothers me is like if we beat the Packers 35-0 opening day and the headline is "What's wrong with Erin Rodgers & the Packers." That grinds my gears.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The accolades come after you win. Jared Goff wasn't on any good lists a year ago, now he's #38 in the top 100 players of 2018. In 2019 that could be dear sweet Mitchell.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The accolades come after you win. Jared Goff wasn't on any good lists a year ago, now he's #38 in the top 100 players of 2018. In 2019 that could be dear sweet Mitchell.
Goff is a bad example. At this time last year he deserved to be on NO lists, unless it was for something very negative.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
These list snubs don't bother me. What bothers me is like if we beat the Packers 35-0 opening day and the headline is "What's wrong with Erin Rodgers & the Packers." That grinds my gears.

If we beat the Packers 35 nil, I won't give a shit what they say about the Packers.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
It's hard to soar with the eagles when you surround yourself with turkeys.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Isn't that exactly what he said?

No his point is that Hicks had an all pro year and still missed the list, where Goff didn't make a list last year because there was early talk that he was a bust, if Goff was snubbed this year then yes the comparison would make sense.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Hicks is a snub for sure. He should be in the top 50 but as someone noted, playing DE in a 3-4 is not glamorous and hard to rack up stats in. Hicks is a much bigger asset to the team than Amos.

I agree with what others said too about the accolades will come when (if) the wins come. This has been a last place team finishing with double digit losses under Pace. Unbiased people don't see the Bears in the same light as the meatball homers do. They are missing the boat with Hicks though.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Goff is a bad example. At this time last year he deserved to be on NO lists, unless it was for something very negative.

That would explain why I posted this.

:whoosh:

Which makes Goff the perfect example of a guy getting no positive recognition until he wins something. Try to keep up.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No his point is that Hicks had an all pro year and still missed the list, where Goff didn't make a list last year because there was early talk that he was a bust, if Goff was snubbed this year then yes the comparison would make sense.

The point is that regardless of how you play do not expect accolades until your team wins, unless you are Walter Payton and are in god mode. Hicks is not there, he is a good player on a bad team. Goff was an unknown player on a bad team, then a good player on a playoff team.

If the Bears pull a Rams and win 11 games in 2018 Bears players will be all over every good list. But not now.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Goff was a good player on a bad team??? Lmao you either didn’t watch any of his rookie season, or you have shit for brains.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Goff was a good player on a bad team??? Lmao you either didn’t watch any of his rookie season, or you have shit for brains.

Not what I said Dr. Einstein. If you want to call someone shit for brains, you should work on your reading skills or it's just ironic.

Goff was an unknown player on a bad team, then a good player on a playoff team.

Too easy.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
The point is that regardless of how you play do not expect accolades until your team wins, unless you are Walter Payton and are in god mode. Hicks is not there, he is a good player on a bad team. Goff was an unknown player on a bad team, then a good player on a playoff team.

Not comparing Akiem Hicks to Walter Payton here obviously, but Hicks is as close as it gets to being the "godly player on a bad team." Of course Walter did more for the Bears, but Hicks is the main reason that our defense is somewhat relevant again, despite winning 5-6 games every year.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Isn't that exactly what he said?

No, he implied that Goff wasn’t highly regarded in 2016 because his team sucked, and then he was finally recognized in 2017 because his team was winning. But the fact of the matter is that Goff looked historically terrible in 2016. He wasn’t going to be on any top 100 lists that year even if the Rams somehow squeaked out a bunch of wins. So it’s a bad example, as Hicks has played great the moment he became a Chicago Bear.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Aaron Donald was getting nods (albeit not DPOY nods) when the rams were a bad team.

Goff was bad. Very very bad.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Aaron Donald was getting nods (albeit not DPOY nods) when the rams were a bad team.

Goff was bad. Very very bad.

Trubisky had a better rookie year than Goff, but not by a lot, they were close. Not different enough for one to be very, very bad and the other to get Tom Brady comparisons.

Aaron Donald is the best player at his position in the league, Walter Payton god mode, team record is irrelevant, still the Rams winning took him from #15 to #3 in the top 100. Hicks is nowhere near that level, team record is relevant, and exactly what is keeping him off good lists.

You don't like the Goff example, okay, don't let that distract you from the message, lot's of good players don't get recognition because they play on bad teams.

2017 top 100, no Jacksonville players, Calais Campbell joined the team before the 2017 season but made the list based on his 2016 play.
2018 top 100, eight Jacksonville players.

The Jags went from zero to eight because they won. Were they good players the year before and got snubbed, or did those eight players just magically become great overnight?

You want Bears players to make good lists, and Pace to be viewed as a good GM, win some games, or get used to snubs.