Hinrich Ignored Inbound Play To Rose

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Of course, it carried over to the game. It always does. Having cut a 22-point deficit to three with 31.8 seconds left, the Bulls ignored the sideline inbounds play that Del Negro drew up for Rose and instead concocted an ill-fated lob pass from Kirk Hinrich to Noah, who had the ball deflected out of bounds off the Knicks. Rose, who was supposed to have received the inbounds from Hinrich for an isolation play at the top of the key, tried to inbound from the baseline. But the ball was either deflected or otherwise eluded Luol Deng's grasp for Chicago's 15th turnover. So much for a reprieve.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/12696486/del-negro-unable-to-control-bulls-fate-in-chicago

Kush77

Liked Posts:
I was wondering why the hell they ran that play.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wait, was it just Hinrich that ignored it or the whole team made up a new play because the article makes it seem that the team just made a new play on the spot.

theCHI_Life84

Liked Posts:
what bunch of idiots. thats why there are players AND coaches.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
Of course, it carried over to the game. It always does. Having cut a 22-point deficit to three with 31.8 seconds left, the Bulls ignored the sideline inbounds play that Del Negro drew up for Rose and instead concocted an ill-fated lob pass from Kirk Hinrich to Noah, who had the ball deflected out of bounds off the Knicks. Rose, who was supposed to have received the inbounds from Hinrich for an isolation play at the top of the key, tried to inbound from the baseline. But the ball was either deflected or otherwise eluded Luol Deng's grasp for Chicago's 15th turnover. So much for a reprieve.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/12696486/del-negro-unable-to-control-bulls-fate-in-chicago

Was this guy even watching the game? Rose's pass was intended for Gibson, not Deng, & it went thru Gibson's hands for a TO. If he can't even get the players right how am I supposed to trust what he's saying here.

Either way that play was unbelievably stupid. So either Kirk is a total dumbass, or Vinny is. I say they're both dumbasses.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Frank Breakfast-Styleham wrote:
First Brett Favre does it, now Hinrich.

We're in for a chain reaction I believe...

Only Brett Favre is good, and Kirk Hinrich's a scrub, and Aaron Rodgers is much better than both.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Kirk hardly ever throws lobs, and we're expected to believe that he ignored VDN's play call to do so? Why was Noah running to receive the lob if it wasn't the set play? Smells like crap to me.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Shakes wrote:
Kirk hardly ever throws lobs, and we're expected to believe that he ignored VDN's play call to do so? Why was Noah running to receive the lob if it wasn't the set play? Smells like crap to me.

Agreed. I saw the same thing too. I'm fairly certain that was a VDN play. However, the quote below has given me some doubt.

One NBA scout courtside insisted that, “Vinny ran three [different] plays the whole half and barely made any [play] calls. We don’t even know what to write down. They had a lot more variety last year, a lot more ball movement. It was almost like Vinny said, ‘Screw it, you guys figure it out.’ ”

- From Yahoo Sports article featured in the "Forman Drafted Thomas" thread.