Hinrich starting at shooting guard

Fred

Liked Posts:
Tweet from KC:

"VDN confirms Tribune report that Kirk is starting guard over Salmons for Sat. Calls it "non permanent.""

Yeah, this will fix it. Now we have a shooting guard who likes to foul, but doesn't get fouled. It's so much fun to see the opponents in an early bonus.

JimmyBulls

Liked Posts:
Great, they're going from dirt to mud. :huh:

It could be a positive if Salmons is traded for a expiring contract. :woohoo:

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
salmons had way more steals than hinrich. also he was scoring more than hinrich. err do we really want to see more of hinrich? is he going to increase his shooting to 4-15.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This really won't help anything. The way Kirk has played this year, there's no logical sense for putting him in the starting lineup unless they're hoping it'll turn out better than putting Miller in. Or maybe they're hoping it'll help out Salmons more by bringing him in off the bench. It helped Taj...

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
So the solution to our shooting guard problem is to replace a 48.2 TS% scorer with a 43.9 TS% scorer?

That will sure solve things!

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
yeah, salmons has been getting some crazy steals while guarding 2's, he's got 1.8 per game. maybe salmons could beat up on other teams' second rotations or something, we'll see. the hornets barely have a starting SG, so their backup guards will be dominated by salmons if he can find his shot.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The thing about Salmons and the crazy amount of steals that he's getting is that I never remember him getting them :lol: But whatever he's doing, I hope he keeps doing it. It's really his lone good statistic this season.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
I would just like to point out, that a guy who is shooting 43.9 TS%, should be benched, and received 0 minutes a game. There is no way you can win game with a guy playing that poorly, unless he is an all worldly defender (like Ben Wallace....although Wallace isn't as bad as Hinrich offensively).

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
yes, but who are we supposed to play instead. pargo? hunter? suit up vinny? me?

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
bullsman24 wrote:

Vinny's probably the best player out of all those listed.

We could try signing Morris Almond. He's averaging over 30 a game in the D-League.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
??? ?????? wrote:
I would just like to point out, that a guy who is shooting 43.9 TS%, should be benched, and received 0 minutes a game. There is no way you can win game with a guy playing that poorly, unless he is an all worldly defender (like Ben Wallace....although Wallace isn't as bad as Hinrich offensively).
Ah, but the Bulls organization believes Hinrich to be an all worldly defender! Doesn't mean he's a bad defender, he's just not the white Bruce Bowen is all. On the plus side though, his 3 pt shooting percentage is now finally above 30%!

theCHI_Life84

Liked Posts:
if kirk would just concentrate on defense instead of jacking up terrible shots, i wouldnt feel too bad about this. but if that were the case, he would still be better off of the bench. this is more of a test of how salmons would do off the bench, rather than a test of how much kirk would suck at the starting 2

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
theCHI_Life84 wrote:
if kirk would just concentrate on defense instead of jacking up terrible shots, i wouldnt feel too bad about this. but if that were the case, he would still be better off of the bench. this is more of a test of how salmons would do off the bench, rather than a test of how much kirk would suck at the starting 2

I wouldn't say Kirk jacks up terrible shots all the time, he just blatantly misses wide open J's like no one else on this team.

As for Salmons coming off the bench, if this last more than say 5-10 games I'm betting he will be pouting & complaining. He was already starting to do it in the Knicks game & his post game comments echo that fact.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't say Kirk jacks up terrible shots all the time, he just blatantly misses wide open J's like no one else on this team.

I think that is the problem....wide open jumpers he usually can hit consistently are missed often. He should get playing time...the idea that he shouldn't is ridiculous. This is the Bulls, not the Celtics or the Lakers...

TheStig

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
bullsman24 wrote:

Vinny's probably the best player out of all those listed.

We could try signing Morris Almond. He's averaging over 30 a game in the D-League.

Von Wafer is ready to be picked up too but we aren't willing to pay the LT, so we won't be getting anyone. This team needs a big trade. Miller, Salmons, Kirk and probably Deng should be liquidated for anything we can get.

theCHI_Life84

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:

I think that is the problem....wide open jumpers he usually can hit consistently are missed often. He should get playing time...the idea that he shouldn't is ridiculous. This is the Bulls, not the Celtics or the Lakers...

"blatantly misses wide open J's" = terrible shot. he needs to recognize when he is cold, and make a play for someone else or take it to the basket and try to get fouled, or drive and kick because right now id rather have deng or rose taking midrange j's. but in general, this team needs to stop settling for jumpers all the time. you can tell when they start to get lazy on offense, everyone defers to their jumper

RPK

Liked Posts:
This isn't just about scoring efficiency, it's about a player in Salmons who is constantly turning the ball over and making stupid decisions.

Fish' has become a complete head case and hopefully having him come off the bench will benefit John by not having as much pressure put on him.

In the end it's just a band aid on a severed limb, but some changes had to have been made.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
theCHI_Life84 wrote:
houheffna wrote:

"blatantly misses wide open J's" = terrible shot. he needs to recognize when he is cold, and make a play for someone else or take it to the basket and try to get fouled, or drive and kick because right now id rather have deng or rose taking midrange j's. but in general, this team needs to stop settling for jumpers all the time. you can tell when they start to get lazy on offense, everyone defers to their jumper

Shooting a wide open jumper is not a bad shot. It's a shot every player wants to take. Kirk just isn't hitting them. That doesn't make it a bad shot. It makes him a bad shooter is what it does. But I'll take him shooting wide open jumpers any day then having him drive to the hoop. Have you seen Hinrich drives? He is HORRIBLE at it. Most of the time he either misses it point blank, or just drives down there, runs in a circle, then dishes it out to someone else.

I agree everyone needs to stop settling for jumpers. It's ok to be a jump shooting team if you ACTUALLY run plays that get people open shots. But in Vinny's "system" there's no such thing as a wide open jumper, let alone any sort of set play calling whatsoever.

The bigger issue here is how is Salmons going to take being demoted. So far, not so good. He thinks the team is blaming him for the bad start. Sounds an awful lot like another goateed SG who was on this team not so long ago. John is not happy & from what I've seen so far & from what people in Sacramento said after the trade, I have reason to believe he is going to make this an issue. If only we still had that SG, oh I forget his name, the one who didn't care if he started or came off the bench just as long as he played the important minutes. Darn, what was his name?

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
The bigger issue here is how is Salmons going to take being demoted. So far, not so good. He thinks the team is blaming him for the bad start. Sounds an awful lot like another goateed SG who was on this team not so long ago. John is not happy & from what I've seen so far & from what people in Sacramento said after the trade, I have reason to believe he is going to make this an issue. If only we still had that SG, oh I forget his name, the one who didn't care if he started or came off the bench just as long as he played the important minutes. Darn, what was his name?

I agree with the first part of this, a genuine concern...the answer is Joe Johnson...I would rather have him than either of the SGs you are talking about...

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Maybe benching him will light a fire under Salmon's arse, who knows. Maybe this is part of showcasing Kirk. At this point anything is worth a try.