Hoge and Jahns bring on a salary cap analyst to break down the bears

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Lazy Summary:

* Bears arent doing shit so lets talk about other teams for 20 minutes
* Frugality is good
* Market has been crazy and Bears werent ready for it
* Still, they havent done enough yet to adequately help Fields - particularly OL
* WTF was Poles doing RE Ogunjobi
* Use the huge space in '23 to pay homegrown talent, dont splurge on overpriced top FAs

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I can’t stand Brad Shitberger.

Why have a guest on that had to be told the 3 tech was important to Flus’s defense?

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Too many fans are impatient yet understand the need to not overspend & wait for draft/post-draft deals. Yet so many fans demand daily content, only to complain about them talking about nothing / same shit to fill time. Off-season sucks that way.
?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Pace fucked the cap. Poles is pulling off the bandage. I can't believe how much grief I got from some posters when I pointed to Pace's poor contract decisions and digging deeper restructure holes.

Pretzel Logic

“I have forced myself to contradict myself "
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Pittsburgh Pirates
  1. Philadelphia 76ers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins
It's good to see the media that cover the Bears all over the place at the moment. Do they keep on going on about lack of support for Fields while also wanting to rail on the state that Pace and Nagy left this team in? Do they aim at the higher ups and gain favour with those who read/view their stuff?

I surprised no one has suggested we trade away our first 4 picks in the draft, stock pile 5th rounders and lower and draft 'hungry, chip shouldered, point to prove' rookies and have a real lunch pail, blue collar type team this year.

The draft is 22 days away.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Pace fucked the cap. Poles is pulling off the bandage.
For the more educated posters out here its not that we disagree with Poles moves, its is just the recognition that we may have another season of poor offensive production. Its been a long offensive drought in Chicago. Building a defense behind Eberflus just isn't as sexy as building an offense behind Fields with say Daboll at the helm.

Getting the personnel to run Eberflus scheme is likely the quickest way to a better record next season, it just feels like we have dialed back to the clock to 2004 and its a tough sell to the fans when we just traded up for a QB last season.

Regardless, fielding a more competitive team next season will make people feel better about Poles plan.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm surprised to hear that H&J is getting hate now. I feel like it's been the one forever that people universally liked.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm surprised to hear that H&J is getting hate now. I feel like it's been the one forever that people universally liked.
I like em fine.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
...Getting the personnel to run Eberflus scheme is likely the quickest way to a better record next season, it just feels like we have dialed back to the clock to 2004 and its a tough sell to the fans when we just traded up for a QB last season....

I hope they go sort've BPA this draft to help complete either O or D holes wherever the value is best. The goal is to fill all the holes by NEXT summer. Doesn't matter which are filled this year in particular.

Many are overly freaking out as if Bears O this year will be as bad as the CLE game turned out. No chance. Scheme alone with even 1 year gap filler OL plus the sophmores getting a just a little better should = reasonably protected & decent setup for Fields to improve without seeing ghosts. Same goes for WRs. Even decent ass guys can be schemed open enough or Fields can run / throw it away on the majority of plays.

We should know more than any fans how bottom 3rd Offenses look. CLE was bottom O ever in the last 40 something years and won't happen again with Nagy gone. It'll be okay, even if media stirs the pot with "Poles not doing enough for Fields" bullshittery.

Hoge himself is saying how there's nothing to talk about and that he's tired of saying the same things over & over. Everybody is bored, tired of mediocrity, and tired of promises & waiting for better. Doesn't mean this new regime will suck also though. Bears nation is just tired. Understandably so. I am.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
He really is the worst out of them. Put Fishbain on with Hoge instead
Jahns seems like a super good guy, but he’s absolutely the dumbest Bears beat writer.

Dude has no analytic ability and has never met an original thought.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Lazy Summary:

* Bears arent doing shit so lets talk about other teams for 20 minutes
* Frugality is good
* Market has been crazy and Bears werent ready for it
* Still, they havent done enough yet to adequately help Fields - particularly OL
* WTF was Poles doing RE Ogunjobi
* Use the huge space in '23 to pay homegrown talent, dont splurge on overpriced top FAs

Already setting expectations for a disappointing offseason 12 months from now?

I thought the reason it’s OK Poles didn’t do much this offseason was because they were going to go gangbusters **next offseason** with all that cap room?