Hollinger Compares Rose to Steve Francis

cool007

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:
Gordon was not worth keeping if you don't keep Rose...what? Build around Gordon? Nobody is that stupid...

Rose deserves better coaching. Someone who will put Rose in the best position to succeed. He is what's important...Gordon is not.

I remember Hollinger putting Ben Gordon on the All-Overrated team a few years ago....

+1 (except for the last part - as I don't think Gordon is/was overrated)

I agree. Rose needs a coach that runs the whole offense through Rose and NOT USE PICK AND ROLL freaking every single time with Joakim Noah. Everybody from 5 year old to 500 years old can see that it will never work yet we run it over and over. I did notice that last game against Hawks, Rose kinda ignored Noah's screens at times and didn't let Noah get all the way and he started his move on the other side so Noah doesn't pick up an offensive foul.

Also, do you guys notice that every time we do pick and roll, WE FREAKING NEVER ROLL TO THE BASKET? Noah gets the ball back, he passes it to someone else and then reset the offense, Gibson gets the ball and he shoots a jumper, Miller gets the ball and he fakes and tries to take it to the hole at times with mixed results (more bad than good) or we reset the offense again. The only guy that used to roll was Tyrus but even that wasn't all that many times either.

When I watch every other team (CP3/Deron/Rondo/Nash/etc) all of their big men can shoot or roll to the basket with a GOOD SUCCESS. How can Rose pile up assists with these pile of crap we have???

There are so many things I can point out and say that Vinny is NOT THE COACH for us and He is certainly NOT THE COACH that will help Rose develop any further. We need a proven success type coach who has done it with other Point Guards - this is why I would love to have Byron Scott.