Home Run Derby!

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Manfred sucks and it needs to go back to the original rules we grew up with then this shit. You dont even get to see the home runs. They are just swinging like robots trying to hit as many balls as they can. It was terrible. I still have great memories of Griffey, McGwire, Sosa and so on hitting freaking moon shots that make you look in awe and now you get a split screen and you cant relish anything. Absolute horrible change

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
reality is they had to change something because the home run derby had already become boring. now these changes havent worked, but they had to do something to try and make it interesting again

back to the drawing board!

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Too much of anything kills the thrill.....the Roid era killed the HR, shoot out killed the penalty shot in hockey and the ridiculous amount of 3PT shots put up killed the thrill there too in basketball. But that's just me. I hate All-Star weekends in all sports....The NFL All-Pro weekend got so bad, they ended it. Baseball was the last bastion of any all-star interest. That's gone now too.

Of course, living in Chicago with it's two flatulent teams doesn't help.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Manfred sucks and it needs to go back to the original rules we grew up with then this shit. You dont even get to see the home runs. They are just swinging like robots trying to hit as many balls as they can. It was terrible. I still have great memories of Griffey, McGwire, Sosa and so on hitting freaking moon shots that make you look in awe and now you get a split screen and you cant relish anything. Absolute horrible change
I watched a few rounds and was not interested in the least. They need to bring back Bermann. Back back back gone!