My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Texans have an upcoming game to be played in Mexico. Here is a list of "Dont's" the teams has given the players. Not very nice to our neighbors to the south:

"As the Texans prepare to head to Mexico, the players have received specific warnings about the time they’ll be spending south of the border.

Via USA Today, a memo distributed to the players warns them to: (1) not leave the hotel; (2) leave any “expensive jewelry” at home; (3) not bring large sums of cash; and (3) not use ATMs.

As to the potential for gastrointestinal distress, the players were advised to drink only bottled water, to not use ice, to not order room service, and to eat only within the team meal room."

Hilary would have never put up with this

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Portable team walls. Surely the NFL could afford.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Remember the Alamo!

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This forum is for bitching about the Bears.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I'm sure that it has nothing to do with the cartels down there who have no problem robbing and killing people, or perhaps kidnapping a high profile player and holding him for ransom. Nah, couldn't be that, they've never done that before...except they have.

*shakes head at a stupid thread*

Even if this is a joke, its in poor taste, even for this forum.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I'm sure that it has nothing to do with the cartels down there who have no problem robbing and killing people, or perhaps kidnapping a high profile player and holding him for ransom. Nah, couldn't be that, they've never done that before...except they have.

*shakes head at a stupid thread*

Even if this is a joke, its in poor taste, even for this forum.

Thank God your superior intellect was here to save the day Vash

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Texans have an upcoming game to be played in Mexico. Here is a list of "Dont's" the teams has given the players. Not very nice to our neighbors to the south:

"As the Texans prepare to head to Mexico, the players have received specific warnings about the time they’ll be spending south of the border.

Via USA Today, a memo distributed to the players warns them to: (1) not leave the hotel; (2) leave any “expensive jewelry” at home; (3) not bring large sums of cash; and (3) not use ATMs.

As to the potential for gastrointestinal distress, the players were advised to drink only bottled water, to not use ice, to not order room service, and to eat only within the team meal room."

Hilary would have never put up with this

THis is the same kind of warning that they give for cruise ship folks sailing to and from Mexico and SOuth AMerica. IN fact a guy talked about this just yesterday at my golf course. He said that the cruise folks warned about not going into the towns with expensive jewelry, watches, etc. on and to carry travelers checks and a single credit card. One woman decided to do otherwise and a young guy came up to her and stole a $10K diamond ring right off of her fingers as well as a purse contained $2K in cash.

I can personally testify to the dangers presented to tourists in Acapulco where my wife and I had a gun pointed at us while driving back from seeing the cliff diving show. Long story but it did happen. My in-laws had their hotel room robbed broken into and valuables stolen. In other visits, we all got sick even though we tried our best not to drink the water and ate at only supposedly safe restaurants.

One of the big problems in Mexico is the terrible lack of proper sanitation throughout the food industry there. Many of my friends really like to travel there but my family and I have had enough adventures there

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
THis is the same kind of warning that they give for cruise ship folks sailing to and from Mexico and SOuth AMerica. IN fact a guy talked about this just yesterday at my golf course. He said that the cruise folks warned about not going into the towns with expensive jewelry, watches, etc. on and to carry travelers checks and a single credit card. One woman decided to do otherwise and a young guy came up to her and stole a $10K diamond ring right off of her fingers as well as a purse contained $2K in cash.

I can personally testify to the dangers presented to tourists in Acapulco where my wife and I had a gun pointed at us while driving back from seeing the cliff diving show. Long story but it did happen. My in-laws had their hotel room robbed broken into and valuables stolen. In other visits, we all got sick even though we tried our best not to drink the water and ate at only supposedly safe restaurants.

One of the big problems in Mexico is the terrible lack of proper sanitation throughout the food industry there. Many of my friends really like to travel there but my family and I have had enough adventures there

Moral of the story. Don't go to Mexico.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thank God your superior intellect was here to save the day Vash

As opposed to your superior intellect when it comes to poor taste in bashing Beyoncé.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
If we would just invade Mexico, take over and run it our way we wouldn't have this problem

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If we would just invade Mexico, take over and run it our way we wouldn't have this problem

They had that chance in our war with Mexico.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I'd say that one of Americas biggest failures is its woeful inability to strike a solid partnership with Mexico that would be beneficial to both countries. One of the problems I guess is Mexico's awful corruption.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
We had to do a business trip to Mexico City. I was warned similarly...by our client. Who is Mexican. And lives in Mexico City.

All I remember is that it was really fucking hot and it was insanely crowded. I'm in NYC every 3 weeks and Mexico City makes NYC look sparsely populated.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Apparently they're warning people about travelling into a dodgy area full of idiots with guns.

But they haven't actually boarded the flight back to Texas yet so this is still unconfirmed.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Isn't this the same type of warning they give people who visit Chicago nowadays?

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
I was talking to a friend who was planning on traveling to Mexico. They told their insurance company; I believe it was State Farm. State Farm said if they got kidnapped while in Mexico that they would pay the ransom. LMAO

Guess ransoms are cheaper than paying out life insurance policies.