How important do you think "clubhouse guys" are in baseball

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Garza and Soriano seem to be known as the top guys on the team to have in a locker room and behind the scenes in general.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I think they're important, but opponents would say "winning brings clubhouse guys."

So who knows, I think they're important to have, but I can see the other side of the argument as well.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Apparently not very. We want to trade them all away.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I believe a player being a true clubhouse guy is far more rare than people like to admit. You might have guys that mesh well with the existing personalities on one team, but don't get along with the personalities of another team. One guy might get that label based on being in the right situation, or being in good situations for a few different teams. Therefore it's far more important to have guys that demonstrate the culture that a team is trying to establish, than a guy who if friendly with everyone. And in hopes that the team has a wise culture in mind, that culture should include a positive attitude. The Cubs don't have a good situation, and have been trying to establish something for a while now. The problem is, nobody is going to give up their "culture guys" (for the lack of a better phrase) very easily.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
i think its more important to have good veteran leadership over a " clubhouse guy "..

with the cubs more then likely going to be a much younger team after july 31st, i think they might just hold onto players like navarro and dejesus a long with edwin jackson to keep some veteran leaderhip on team for remainder of year.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Clubhouse is great in every team that is what??? WINNING!!!

Winning makes every clubhouse good.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
It can happen, but it's hard to gel when there are primadonnas in the locker room only concerned with themselves.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
They're important, but not that important.