How long until the Bears need a new RB, WR, and LT?

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Forte will be 29 by the end of next season, which is fairly old for a running back. Marshall and Bushrod will both be 30 by the start of next season, though many receivers and offensive lineman play effectively into their early 30s.

How much time do the Bears have to rebuild their defense before they need a new running back, receiver, and left tackle?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears have gone full circle from waiting for the offense to catch up to the defense before they fell apart to now waiting for that defense to be repaired so it can catch up with the offense.

Last edited:

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:
Bears have gone full circle from waiting for the offense to catch up to the defense before they fell apart to now waiting for that defense to be repaired so it can catch up with the offense.

The never ending cycle, eh?
I don't think they'll ever be on the same page.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Need to find a capable backup plan at RB sooner rather than later. Bushrod has a number of good years left in him, and his replacement is already on the team and playing very well. Marshall could still be productive well into his early 30's because his game does not rely on pure speed.

Moose27

Liked Posts:
I'd like to see a RB drafted this coming to draft to replaced Michael BUsh but Michael Ford could probably fill that spot for a year. A Gio Bernard type RB would be cool in 2015.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
I'd like to see a RB drafted this coming to draft to replaced Michael BUsh but Michael Ford could probably fill that spot for a year. A Gio Bernard type RB would be cool in 2015.

I would like a Bernard type as well.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Forte and Marshall are top level players in their prime. Barring a bad injury they should have two or three more fine years. Need to bring in a young back to back Forte up and take some of the load. That will help extend his career.

FrenchieBully

Liked Posts:
Jeffries is going to demand big bucks and hold out on the franchise tag. :troll: