How many 1st Round Picks would you give up in order to acquire DeShaun Watson from the Texans?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Yeah, they aren't going to trade him just because they are bad. Didn't mean to imply that. But if a team offers up 3 firsts, a couple 2nds and a 3rd for him.....they have to consider it. Nobody has ever offered up that much in a trade before though.

no they don't.

B.o.B got fired. No one is doing that trade.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
no they don't.

B.o.B got fired. No one is doing that trade.

I said consider, not make. And my first words that you quoted were literally "yeah, they're not going to trade him"

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
the texans arent in horrible shape...they have the tackle spots set, tunsil and howard, howard had some ups and downs but is more than adequate. Martin regressed this year at center but with proper coaching the oline should rebound, if they need to add guards, its far easier to find in the later part of the draft. As for cap space, its still unknown what the cap will be, they will still likely cut/trade watt and cooks but they may still be able to retain fuller.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
People using history to prove that trading for QBs doesnt work out.

Find me a legitimate franchise QB in his prime who has been traded in the modern NFL. I'll wait.

And its not Jay Cutler, not even close.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also, the defense really isn't THAT bad. They are 12th in the league. That's still above average.

I don't know the numbers, will look them up later but over the last 6 games I bet they were bottom of the league in scoring. I don't care about yards. Also, for what those guys make on defense, yah they're bad or have been coached bad etc.

msadows

Liked Posts:
2020 1st - 2021 1st - 2024 2nd + Foles for Watson and their 2020 4th

lol.

Jay cutler got 2 first round picks, you think the texans are taking that for watson?

B.O.B is gone guys.

If you want watson you'll have to trade roquan, or Jaylon Johnson, Plus those first rounders, plus probably multiple 2nd rounders. AND he has to approve that trade.

There are very few players on this roster that have value, because the "good" players have severely over inflated contracts.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
if HOU makes Watson available, Bears best be the first and only team to make an offer and that's everything, as long as they take Fuller off our cap space.

I would give them whatever they want. If he becomes available, the line is going to be long and the bidding war will get crazy. Watson will also likely have a big say in where he lands. I'm guessing the Bears will not be high on that list.

Does everyone forget that Houston was beating KC 24-0 in the playoffs last year until their defense gave up 7 consecutive TD's?

Those acting like Watson is some overrated stat padder is meathead central.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol.

Jay cutler got 2 first round picks, you think the texans are taking that for watson?

B.O.B is gone guys.

If you want watson you'll have to trade roquan, or Jaylon Johnson, Plus those first rounders, plus probably multiple 2nd rounders. AND he has to approve that trade.

There are very few players on this roster that have value, because the "good" players have severely over inflated contracts.

images.jpg

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Three wins is a HUGE difference, especially since you don't seem to be considering the fact that 1 or 2 of those wins could come over the Packers. The Bears went 1-5 in the redzone and a turnover on downs from the 25 last game. They left enough points on the board to win that with Mitch Trubisky. Watson most likely at least keeps them in it Sunday, wins Indianapolis, Detroit, Minnesota, maybe even New Orleans, Tennesee and LA Rams and they'd be playing the WFT this week in the playoffs at 11-5.

Also, the defense really isn't THAT bad. They are 12th in the league. That's still above average.

Lastly, Watson's contract is not crazy at all. His cap hit for 2021 is a meager 15.9Mil. People want to pay Trubisky that much money. It goes to 40.4Mil in 2022, but the Bears have 98M in estimated space that year can clear a TON of space that year anyway (Hicks, Graham, and Fuller, if not cut this year; Quinn, Massie, Leno, even Mack). After 2022, Watson only has 10.8M dead cap. You could cut him and save 30M, but why would you want to? 42M in 2023 is a lot (not for a top 5 QB), but then the last 2 years he goes down to 34 and 32Mil cap hit. And there's always the extension option after 2022. Give him more guaranteed money and possibly get him at a discount.
His cap numbers are actually slightly better than this - the signing bonus stays on HOU cap in case of a trade.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
How many 1st Round Picks would you give up in order to acquire DeShaun Watson from the Texans?

One tiny problem......

Why would the Bears org. do this when they passed on him in 2017??
Right? The only way I see this happening is if Pace is fired and a new General Manager can save face for the Bears.

SD Bears

Liked Posts:

2, 3, More?

Visions of the Herschel Walker trade from the Cowboys to the Vikings. Minnesota gave up 3 firsts, 3 seconds, a third, and a sixth. Some conditions in there but they gave up the farm and their future.

Dallas then drafted their way to 3 super bowls and Minnesota never made the super bowl with Walker.