How many 1st Round Picks would you give up in order to acquire DeShaun Watson from the Texans?

MarkBear

?⬇️
Liked Posts:
I’m all for getting him, but Nagy, Pace and Sweaty Ted still has to go

SD Bears

Liked Posts:
3 firsts and 3 seconds? not without additional compensation from houston. as good as watson is that’s too much.

Exactly. That was point with the Walker deal. Yes, it's RB vs QB, but the farm is still the farm. You don't give it away.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I don't know the numbers, will look them up later but over the last 6 games I bet they were bottom of the league in scoring. I don't care about yards. Also, for what those guys make on defense, yah they're bad or have been coached bad etc.

I care about yards, but I get it. Still, they held Houston, Jacksonville and GB below their season averages in yardage, only didn't hold GB in points. And I'm not going to argue that they're playing up to their cost or potential.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
0. ‘Tis a recipe for failure.
Winning franchises draft and develop. Losing franchises, like the Bears, trade away precious draft capital

For almost all teams, I would agree......just name one single franchise QB the Bears have drafted in the last 70 years.

One....just one.

BigUglyBear

Liked Posts:
Zero. Should have drafted him but they didn't. Wish they did but I don't see trading away a ton of assets and creating more holes as being the solution. Bring in new people and draft our own Watson. Move forward.

mecha

Liked Posts:
if you hated the Jay Cutler trade, you should also not be in favor of this. the Bears blew their big trade deal with draft picks 3 years ago when they got Mack. team's finally going to have 1st round picks again and you're talking about this psychotic shit? draft your own guy with 1 pick, not 6 across multiple years.

Last edited:

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I care about yards, but I get it. Still, they held Houston, Jacksonville and GB below their season averages in yardage, only didn't hold GB in points. And I'm not going to argue that they're playing up to their cost or potential.
I've been using yards per point as my go to barometer. It does a better job of flushing out garbage time passing yardage and gives a better indication of how efficient and effective said teams passing attack is, or isn't.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I would give them whatever they want. If he becomes available, the line is going to be long and the bidding war will get crazy. Watson will also likely have a big say in where he lands. I'm guessing the Bears will not be high on that list.

Does everyone forget that Houston was beating KC 24-0 in the playoffs last year until their defense gave up 7 consecutive TD's?

Those acting like Watson is some overrated stat padder is meathead central.
i wanted bears to draft him, we didnt' so i moved on from him like i do with chicks but if that shit is available i might want that again later. if we can get him.. you fucking make that move, they won't tho. i just dont see HOU trading Watson to the bears.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it might be more than that.

Cutler trade was two firsts+ and Watson is better and QBs are even more valuable in 2021
Cutler was pretty highly regarded young probowl QB when the Bears traded for him.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bears
A deep dish pizza is my final offer.
Hey that's my line. Has to be Uno's or Gino's East. Just amazed how people pick up on stupid columns and run with it. Much like the clowns named Vinnie or Andrew who think their sport reporters just because they attended the Skip Bayless School of Stupidity

Bust

Liked Posts:
Houston was 4-12 with him this year. They lost their #1 WR and can lose their next #1 WR this offseason. They still need to build an OL outside of LT, and still need to build a defense. They got no early round picks this year and are over the 2021 cap as of right now. And they just hired a GM, who has never built a team before from an organization that hasn't produced many slam dunks once they've left Belichick.

I don't really see any avenue for them to really be much better in 2021. They can cut a bunch of people and get some space, but the biggest savings would be JJ Watt and Brandin Cooks, with an already bad defense and Fuller a FA, those would be huge losses. And if they're going to win 4-6 games again, they have to really hit on draft picks in 2022 and cheap FAs to get back to the contender they were the previous 2-3 years. So, it would be pretty tempting if Watson doesn't want to wait out a rebuild without Watt and Fuller, and they can get 3 1st rounders and multiple other picks for him.

All true

Texans need a full house cleaning white flag type off-season like what the jaguars did.

They have no cap flexibility and no 1st and 2nd round picks in this year's draft.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would go as high as 5.

I would like to get it done for 3 and change.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We dont have anything to trade for Watson
In the NFL draft picks are more valuable in a trade than getting a player back. Bears have draft picks. This doesn't make sense.

Salary cap is the problem.