How many 1st Round Picks would you give up in order to acquire DeShaun Watson from the Texans?

Trayhezy

Liked Posts:
Offer Houston

2021 1st and 4th
2022 2nd
2023 1st and 3rd
Nick Foles

Why the Bears do it: Obviously franchise QB. Try to maintain some draft capital

Why Texans do it: Foles can be the bridge for the tank/new qb mentor plus a decent haul for draft picks. They are going to have to rebuild from the bottom up soon so might as well get started now.

Houston may get that blow you away offer, as I have seen pundits say they would ask for 4-5 firsts.
I think that is nuts if the price goes that high, there won't be many takers.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Well evidently people are creating threads left and right about watson being traded, so someone evidently cares.

It's not realistic at all, and if he gets traded why would he come to paceland?
i think WCBF was talking about Watson's "NTC" in his contract. which is why he said that...

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace has been great at building rosters, for other teams..
Offer Houston

2021 1st and 4th
2022 2nd
2023 1st and 3rd
Nick Foles

Why the Bears do it: Obviously franchise QB. Try to maintain some draft capital

Why Texans do it: Foles can be the bridge for the tank/new qb mentor plus a decent haul for draft picks. They are going to have to rebuild from the bottom up soon so might as well get started now.

Houston may get that blow you away offer, as I have seen pundits say they would ask for 4-5 firsts.
I think that is nuts if the price goes that high, there won't be many takers.
we don’t have a 4th.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Pace has been great at building rosters, for other teams..

we don’t have a 4th.
yep and nobody ever bothers to read, i mentioned in a different thread that bears may have 11 draft pick this offseason but no 4th round pick.
7th via MIA
3 possible comp picks, all 6th rounders
and a 3rd rounder this year and next year if Champ Kelly get hired for GM else-where.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
tenor.gif

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
How many teams would be viable trade partners anyway? I think most teams already have established guys at QB or young guys they just drafted. So I think the market would be kind of small for Watson, given how talented he is. This combined with Watson's no trade clause could mean they don't have to give up the farm for him? DO IT!

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
How many teams would be viable trade partners anyway? I think most teams already have established guys at QB or young guys they just drafted. So I think the market would be kind of small for Watson, given how talented he is. This combined with Watson's no trade clause could mean they don't have to give up the farm for him? DO IT!

He has to want to come to the Bears though.

A few things that play in their favor:
- Nagy seemed to have some kind of relationship with Watson the way they bro hugged each other at the Bears/Texans game
- Watson’s first choice for HC was Eric bienemy from KC who had an endorsement from Mahomes. If Watson wants to play in the KC scheme that’s what Nagy’s background obviously is in
- History of success with Nagy (playoffs two of the last three years now with no QB)
- Not in the AFC so the Texans wouldn’t play him every year

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I care about yards, but I get it. Still, they held Houston, Jacksonville and GB below their season averages in yardage, only didn't hold GB in points. And I'm not going to argue that they're playing up to their cost or potential.
Over the regular season’s final eight games, opponents converted 47.9% of their third downs with a 73.9% success rate in the red zone.
The Bears defense allowed 25 touchdowns in the final eight games after allowing just 14 in the first eight games.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
Mack, Foles, and this years first next years second.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
If you would have asked me earlier in the season or last year, there wasn't a price I wouldn't pay. But that's because I thought we were an average offense away from being a Super Bowl caliber team.

Now after watching our defense getting decimated week after week, I'm not sure if our biggest problem lies on the offensive or defensive side of the ball. We would have to get rid of Mack, Hicks and maybe some other players to make room for Watson's cap hit. Plus, there's always the possibility Nagy could ruin Watson, or at least limit him.

I'd still make the trade, but the most I would do is Khalil Mack, two 1st round picks, Nick Foles and 2022 3rd round pick.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Houston doesn't have a 1st this year and if they get rid of their QB, who will start for them? new coach will use Bears #18 pick to select a QB? No way in hell Houston trades Watson...at least not this year. If they do trade him, I'd be willing to give this years first two picks and next years first two picks

DB012031

Liked Posts:
the texans arent in horrible shape...they have the tackle spots set, tunsil and howard, howard had some ups and downs but is more than adequate. Martin regressed this year at center but with proper coaching the oline should rebound, if they need to add guards, its far easier to find in the later part of the draft. As for cap space, its still unknown what the cap will be, they will still likely cut/trade watt and cooks but they may still be able to retain fuller.

I don't think they are in the greatest spot though...Tunsil has not been anywhere near as good as advertised and they don't have a 1st or 2nd round pick this year, a year in which they need playmakers and more online help.

I would argue the Texans are further away than the Bears are.