How many 1st Round Picks would you give up in order to acquire DeShaun Watson from the Texans?

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I don't think they are in the greatest spot though...Tunsil has not been anywhere near as good as advertised and they don't have a 1st or 2nd round pick this year, a year in which they need playmakers and more online help.

I would argue the Texans are further away than the Bears are.
A large part of the reason they are further away is because they sold the farm to pay Watson, who isn’t good enough to carry a team.

Let’s not be Houston...

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
I don't think they are in the greatest spot though...Tunsil has not been anywhere near as good as advertised and they don't have a 1st or 2nd round pick this year, a year in which they need playmakers and more online help.

I would argue the Texans are further away than the Bears are.

not sure what you saw with tunsil but his biggest issue was the penalties and he's cut those down significantly. i talked about players regressing and i think a new oline coach/blocking scheme will do wonders for that team. Building the interior is far easier than the tackle spots and can be addressed later in the draft. As for playmakers i agree the texans are in bad shape which is why they'll likely trade/cut cooks and watt to free up 27 mill in space...Still dont know what the cap will look like for 2021, it could go down to 175 mill or stay right around 195, depending on the revenue numbers. If it ends up being the latter, the texans will likely be able to tag fuller if they cant work out a deal. This is where Casserio will have to earn his money and get watson what he needs...

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Some interesting and a couple very large looking trade packages for D.Watson.

i dont see the texans trading watson no matter the compensation...watson can voice his displeasure but bottom line is he's not going to sit out and forfeit all the money owed to him.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
i dont see the texans trading watson no matter the compensation...watson can voice his displeasure but bottom line is he's not going to sit out and forfeit all the money owed to him.

I don't either. How dumb would it be for this new GM to come in to clean up B.Obrien's mess only to come in and trade a franchise QB, which is the most important position in football and the hardest position to find a franchise type player at in the NFL. Not Happening but just playing the CCS game.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Didn't Watson shit all.over the Bears on account of they didn't even interview him before the draft?

He isn't coming to chicago

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Didn't Watson shit all.over the Bears on account of they didn't even interview him before the draft?

That’s so 4 years ago, he’s following chicago Weatherman on Twitter now.

Visionman

Liked Posts:

That was before Houston crapped on him even more...lol.

msadows

Liked Posts:
This move makes us an 5-11 team with no 1st rounders for two years and an aging defense oh yeah and an oline that isn't good.

Yup, we'd just be the chicago texans.

By the time we got good w/ watson again and rebuilt this defense he would be in his early 30's.

Still, worth the risk if he's ACTUALLY trying to be traded. I just don't see it happening. Just offseason(for him) media "fluff".

Bust

Liked Posts:
Blockbuster trade needs to happen! The Saints recovered and still became far more competitive over the years then the Bears. DO IT TO IT!

Bust

Liked Posts:
Texans ownership is getting worried. Watson should walk in wearing a Bear jersey to the meeting.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Khalil Mack, Eddie Jackson and two 1st round picks
Two big contract veterans who had a down year? Dont think so. It would have to be roquan another player plus two 1st round picks.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
It would be so Bears to trade up, pass on Watson, watch Trubisky suck, trade a bunch of draft picks for Watson, then pay him gobs of money after missing out on the best time to own a franchise QB, which is when they're cheap.

BTW, no way Pace admits that type of failure.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Chicago weatherman you say!? Shit's getting real!

Did you blow off when A-Rob was posting pics of him wearing a Cubs uniform right before he was going to be a FA too?!

VERY real.