How many 1st Round Picks would you give up in order to acquire DeShaun Watson from the Texans?

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A lot more then just the Chicago media and fanbase jizzing over the prospect of getting Watson.

.@PFF laid out a hypothetical trade for Deshaun Watson that had the #49ers sending their 2021 1st, 2022 1st, 2023 1st, 2021 2nd, and Jimmy Garoppolo to the Texans for the QB.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
People keep working a out player assets in this... if it were to happen it would be about picks not players going to the Texans.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
People keep working a out player assets in this... if it were to happen it would be about picks not players going to the Texans.

Whatever. Just get it done.

msadows

Liked Posts:

Seriously, no one wants our shit contracts, much less one of the shittiest contract in the entire nfl(Jimmy G).

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
I know this has been said before mainly as a joke but seriously people need to look inward on why they don’t think Watson is incredible. It’s got to be some sub conscious bias against African American QB’s. If he had the appearance of Peyton there’s no way people would be saying he’s not good enough to carry teams etc. I’m not saying you have to advocate trading for him, but he’s a top QB in this league and really young and people are talking about him in here like he’s Trubisky

msadows

Liked Posts:
I know this has been said before mainly as a joke but seriously people need to look inward on why they don’t think Watson is incredible. It’s got to be some sub conscious bias against African American QB’s. If he had the appearance of Peyton there’s no way people would be saying he’s not good enough to carry teams etc. I’m not saying you have to advocate trading for him, but he’s a top QB in this league and really young and people are talking about him in here like he’s Trubisky

My only gripe about him is how he eats sacks by holding onto the ball too long. Then again it also helps him create a lot of big plays.

Other than that he's a stud from day one.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Wow there it is. I believe folks likened him to Stafford as in he puts up numbers but never wins. Stafford is very white.

I disagree with their take and yours.

It’s a helluva time to be alive.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Wow there it is. I believe folks likened him to Stafford as in he puts up numbers but never wins. Stafford is very white.

I disagree with their take and yours.

It’s a helluva time to be alive.
Watson has won playoff games. Stafford hasn’t won shit

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Watson has won playoff games. Stafford hasn’t won shit

I agree! I didn’t say it was a good argument.

My point is I don’t think the majority of people who would be against trading for Watson are inherently racist lol.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
I would offer Roquan and another 1st or 2nd for Watson and I think it would be enough tbh.

The defense takes a major step back but the offense becomes one that can average 30

46plank

Liked Posts:
Get a GM in here that can evaluate talent, AND STOP TRADING DRAFT PICKS!!!

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
It would be such a Bears move tho to pass up on Watson and then give up a desperation kings ransom for him years later

46plank

Liked Posts:
I would offer Roquan and another 1st or 2nd for Watson and I think it would be enough tbh.

The defense takes a major step back but the offense becomes one that can average 30
Nope. You don’t trade the best player on your defense. Period.

puckthefackers

Liked Posts:
the Bears didn’t miss on Watson, they missed on Mahomes. For those that claim the Bears have never drafted a QB as good as Watson, that doesn’t mean that cannot change over next few drafts.

The Bears problem is they trade away draft picks instead of accumulate. Then they do not have enough capital to draft QB every year until they have their guy.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I agree! I didn’t say it was a good argument.

My point is I don’t think the majority of people who would be against trading for Watson are inherently racist lol.
I don’t either. But I think the gm that didn’t bother scouting the black guys has a track record of it.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
the Bears didn’t miss on Watson, they missed on Mahomes. For those that claim the Bears have never drafted a QB as good as Watson, that doesn’t mean that cannot change over next few drafts.

The Bears problem is they trade away draft picks instead of accumulate. Then they do not have enough capital to draft QB every year until they have their guy.

The problem I have with acquiring a QB in that fashion is you run the risk of wasting another 5 years with another subpar QB. The Bears are not going to draft high enough anytime soon to get a QB prospect worth having.

It’s high time this team gets a proven commodity at QB. They’ve shown you for the last 60 years they don’t have the ability to draft and develop one. Another fruitless attempt for Nagy “I don’t teach QB fundamentals” will drive me crazy as a fan

Last edited:

msadows

Liked Posts:
The problem I have with acquiring a QB in that fashion is you run the risk of wasting another 5 years with another subpar QB. The Bears are not going to draft high enough anytime soon to get a QB prospect worth having.

It’s high time this team gets a proven commodity at QB. They’ve shown you for the last 60 years they don’t have the ability to draft and develop one. Another fruitless attempt for Nagy “I don’t teach QB fundamentals” will drive me crazy as a fan

You do realize the chiefs were picking 27th when they traded up for mahomes.

If they want a qb, they can find a way to get him.

There is no way to get a proven commodity at QB without wasting 5 years anyways. Giving away multiple years of top draft picks and paying a guy a top 3 NFL salary will just make you the Chicago Texans, but prob even worse considering all our talent on defense is aging and we would have zero picks and zero cap space to replace them.