How many 1st Round Picks would you give up in order to acquire DeShaun Watson from the Texans?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
People keep working a out player assets in this... if it were to happen it would be about picks not players going to the Texans.
All of them. Thats my answer.
Ricky Williams yourself and gut the offense from Phillips to Nagy, fullback to TE4.
Get a new DC and clean that house.
But build the offense, every piece, around Watson with chosen OC.

And don't worry...you might lose 6 picks, but you will gain 60 free agents who want to play with Watson in Chicago over the course of his career.

Its worth it, although the price tag is a bit high.
Maybe just 2 firsts so they save face and unload 1/2 billion.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
You do realize the chiefs were picking 27th when they traded up for mahomes.

If they want a qb, they can find a way to get him.

There is no way to get a proven commodity at QB without wasting 5 years anyways. Giving away multiple years of top draft picks and paying a guy a top 3 NFL salary will just make you the Chicago Texans, but prob even worse considering all our talent on defense is aging and we would have zero picks and zero cap space to replace them.

but you’re operating under the assumption that the Bears are a normal, functioning organization like the Chiefs. Far from it. The Bears aren’t going to recognize QB talent let alone develop it. IMO they need to just pay up for a proven commodity.

also, to avoid being the Chicago Texans just don’t trade the best receiver in the league for peanuts when you have him? Lol

the Texans are one year removed from a playoff win, and with any other coach they would have gone to the championship game. I’d rather be the Texans with Watson than the Bears.

DammitFullerTurnUrHead!

Liked Posts:
People claiming that Watson can’t carry a team because he had one losing season on a talent deficient team are idiots. Brees has had 6 losing seasons as a starter, Rodgers has had 3, Manning had 2, Montana had 2, etc. There aren’t too many franchise QBs who never lead a losing team. One or even a few losing seasons don’t prove anything, especially when that QB played at a high level but was consistently let down by the lack of talent surrounding him for the duration of it.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
I agree! I didn’t say it was a good argument.

My point is I don’t think the majority of people who would be against trading for Watson are inherently racist lol.
You have no reading comprehension. I said nothing about having to be for trading for him. As a matter of fact I specifically addressed that in my post If you read it. There are people talking shit about his ability and I know for a fact if he was white they wouldn’t be.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
All of them. Thats my answer.
Ricky Williams yourself and gut the offense from Phillips to Nagy, fullback to TE4.
Get a new DC and clean that house.
But build the offense, every piece, around Watson with chosen OC.

And don't worry...you might lose 6 picks, but you will gain 60 free agents who want to play with Watson in Chicago over the course of his career.

Its worth it, although the price tag is a bit high.
Maybe just 2 firsts so they save face and unload 1/2 billion.
Yeah Im more than fine giving up players but how often do NFL trades happen with lots of player assets on both sides is my point. Some of these 5 players and “maybe some picks” ideas would get immediately hung up on. 2 firsts is a starting point.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
You have no reading comprehension. I said nothing about having to be for trading for him. As a matter of fact I specifically addressed that in my post If you read it. There are people talking shit about his ability and I know for a fact if he was white they wouldn’t be.

It the same thing. It’s very likely if a fan doesn’t want to trade for said player they don’t think highly of his ability.

You made an argument for people being bad talent evaluators.

You are wrong you little race baiter.

BigUglyBear

Liked Posts:
Literally no one in this entire thread has said anything negative about Watson's ability. The harshest thing said was that he's not good enough to carry a team by himself or that he holds the ball a little long (which was followed by a very positive statement about his ability).

Myrradah

Liked Posts:
Nothing, not because I think he is a average QB behind a good line but because we have no line to help him.

And Doctorbear I dont care what color he is and im sure owners dont either as winning brings in money. So the racially motivated comments are...well..racist.

msadows

Liked Posts:
but you’re operating under the assumption that the Bears are a normal, functioning organization like the Chiefs. Far from it. The Bears aren’t going to recognize QB talent let alone develop it. IMO they need to just pay up for a proven commodity.

also, to avoid being the Chicago Texans just don’t trade the best receiver in the league for peanuts when you have him? Lol

the Texans are one year removed from a playoff win, and with any other coach they would have gone to the championship game. I’d rather be the Texans with Watson than the Bears.

Fair point, but the bears have only drafted 2 QB's in the first 3 rounds in the last 20 years.

Sexy Rexy and Bitchell.

You can't have a good qb if you refuse to take a risk on one.

Pace told us he would take a qb every year until he gets it right. He lied, CCS cried.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
Fair point, but the bears have only drafted 2 QB's in the first 3 rounds in the last 20 years.

Sexy Rexy and Bitchell.

You can't have a good qb if you refuse to take a risk on one.

Pace told us he would take a qb every year until he gets it right. He lied, CCS cried.

Pace is not a bad GM outside of getting QB and head coach right (which is huge so he’s still overall a bad GM). If he’s not going anywhere then upgrade QB by getting Watson, and let him build out the defense again which he has proven he’s decent at doing.

People are underestimating how drool worthy Watson, Montgomery, Cohen, A Rob, Mooney and Kmet is with an improving offensive line. That’s a better offense than GreenBay, with a QB known for his late game heroics and every player under age 28. Even more dynamic if they replace Miller with a nasty possession slot receiver via draft and add a Tackle in free agency. With capable leadership this team is not that far off.

But I would bet the house that Pace wouldn’t trade for Watson out of pride because he got it wrong the first time. That’s how these league executives are.

I understand that losing a LB on a potential hall of fame track is a tough decision, but if the Bears added Watson to this core I assure you they won’t miss Roquan and a 1st or 2nd.

Last edited:

msadows

Liked Posts:
Pace is not a bad GM outside of getting QB and head coach right (which are huge so he’s still overall a bad GM). If he’s not going anywhere then QB by getting Watson, and let him build out the defense again which he has proven he’s decent at doing.

People are underestimating how drool worthy Watson, Montgomery, Cohen, A Rob, Mooney and Kmet is. That’s a better offense than GreenBay, and every talent under age 28. Even more dynamic if they replace Miller with a nasty possession slot receiver via draft.

Yes, I agree with you, but the issue is if you trade for watson you'd have to give up a ton of draft picks which will kind of prevent you from building around watson. I know pace has done well on day 3 but you can't rely on that. Those 1st/2nd rounders is what keep you cap viable going forward.

Thats why getting that mitchell pick was so important. The moment he failed was the moment this team had no shot at a superbowl.

Id love watson on here, I just can't it it happening anyways. Sure is nice to dream about, tho. If we do get him we also won't have a way to sign Arob.