How many perfect games have you seen?

TexasRoadrunner

Liked Posts:
I don't post on here vert often, I lurk more than anything lol so I didn't know where exactly to post this so I decide to do it in the Cubs forum since I'm a Cubs fan, anyways I was watching the Rangers/Astros game and Yu Darvish was one out away from a perfect game (granted it was the Astros) and started thinking how many perfect games have you seen? How many no-hitters? Live or on TV?
I know not everyone may remember but at least give a rough estimate.

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
Wow I'm dumb lol I guess I couldve posted this in the MLB forum -_-

'sol good. I saw Z's funky no hitter, I saw Buhrle and Humber perfectos. All those were on TV. Never had the pleasure of watching one live. It's my personal Moby Dick.

TexasRoadrunner

Liked Posts:
'sol good. I saw Z's funky no hitter, I saw Buhrle and Humber perfectos. All those were on TV. Never had the pleasure of watching one live. It's my personal Moby Dick.

Ah that's pretty cool. In the after game interview AJ talked a little bit about him catching for Humbers perfecto, would've been cool to see Darvish throw a perfecto, never personally seen one, at least not in a game aired down here in Texas. I have to agree with you on wanting to see one live though.

malcore

Bob Forsch, 1983 against the Expos in Montreal. I was visiting my brother who was attending Concordia and we were offered tickets. Pure chance. Had never been to an Expo game and wasn't even a fan. In fact it was one of only 4 MLB games I have ever been to. The others being in the bleachers at Tiger Stadium and a high school trip to Boston and a night at Fenway Park, which is actually a better memory for me.

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
Ah that's pretty cool. In the after game interview AJ talked a little bit about him catching for Humbers perfecto, would've been cool to see Darvish throw a perfecto, never personally seen one, at least not in a game aired down here in Texas. I have to agree with you on wanting to see one live though.

I don't think he caught Humbers but I catch your meaning. Darvish is silly good and he pays attention to scouting reports. Some of his sequencing on certain pitchers is absolutely sublime. He starts chaining FB FB sldr and before you know it it's over.

He simplified his arsenal a bit after running into some trouble last year. Making those types of adjustments is rare for young kids man. He's gonna be fun to watch for years. You'll see one. I'm sure of it.

Sent from up Mark Teixeira's butt.

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
Bob Forsch, 1983 against the Expos in Montreal. I was visiting my brother who was attending Concordia and we were offered tickets. Pure chance. Had never been to an Expo game and wasn't even a fan. In fact it was one of only 4 MLB games I have ever been to. The others being in the bleachers at Tiger Stadium and a high school trip to Boston and a night at Fenway Park, which is actually a better memory for me.

That's awesome as hell. People seem to run into them by chance.

TexasRoadrunner

Liked Posts:

That is pretty sick. Luck of the draw and you got to see one of the grestest achievements in baseball, you got a couple good memories, I've never been to a live pro baseball game, to go to a Cubs game is a goal of mine.

TexasRoadrunner

Liked Posts:
I don't think he caught Humbers but I catch your meaning. Darvish is silly good and he pays attention to scouting reports. Some of his sequencing on certain pitchers is absolutely sublime. He starts chaining FB FB sldr and before you know it it's over.

He simplified his arsenal a bit after running into some trouble last year. Making those types of adjustments is rare for young kids man. He's gonna be fun to watch for years. You'll see one. I'm sure of it.

Hmmm you're probably right, thats just what I remember hearing in the post game interview and yeah most definitely. He's really turned around from last year.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
I've peeked in from like the 6-9th innings or so for about 8-10 I would say

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's awesome as hell. People seem to run into them by chance.

I think most no-hitters are considered chance events by default :lol:

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I've peeked in from like the 6-9th innings or so for about 8-10 I would say

This for me. I was there for Jack Morris' no hitter against the White Sox in 1984, Watched Randy Johnson's perfecto on TV. Saw Buehrle's both. Actually with look ins probably closer to 20.