How quick of a hook for Mitch vs Saints?

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
My hook would be quicker than Ricky Renteria in game 3 vs the A’s for those Sox fans out there. Except this time it would be the right move.

I have ZERO faith Mitch can put up enough offensive points to beat the Saints.

Yes, I’m tapping my right arm and calling for the closer, Midway Nick. Don’t get me wrong, my confidence isn’t much higher with Foles, but it’s not fucking zilch and at least he’s done it before.

Fucking Mitch has been presented with countless opportunities to play well against good teams and hasn’t delivered a single time in his career. Zero games in his career with a QB rating over 100 against teams with a record over .500. Please sit back and ponder that for a few minutes. Because it is unfuckingbelievable.

IMO, the Bears QB will need to have over 100 passer rating to have a chance to win this game. There’s no way around it.

The Bears only W against a winning team this year was against the Bucs with Foles. Bears took the Saints to OT (granted no Michael Thomas) w/ Foles. The o-line is playing much better which is clearly a requirement for Foles to play well.

In a do or die situation, how fast is your hook on Mitch this Sunday?

First non-spiral? (JK he’d be gone after first pass attempt)
Few errant passes to open receivers?
One or multiple picks?
Down 2 scores?
Maybe you’d never bench him and blindly hope til the clock strikes zero that he will play well against a good team for the first time in career?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
For Foles to come in? Absolutely none. Foles will get destroyed by the Saints pass rush. If there is any chance, lets be honest there isn't one, is Trubisky uses his legs.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
WTF?!?!?! You play his ass the entire game.

He's a FA, put him on display for everyone. Maybe it drives down his price, and you bring him back. On the flip side maybe it ups his price and you say "arrivederci," because I don't think anyone in Halas Hall sees him as the long term solution, and then his inability to read a defense is somebody else's expensive problem.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Seeing that it’s a loss no matter who plays I’m not sure if you take out anyone you play. But I guess you actually have to play to win and there is that on any given Sunday idea. If you don’t score touchdowns on your first 3 possessions, get Foles in there. Almost certainly will give the team a spark and make the game more interesting.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
My hook would be quicker than Ricky Renteria in game 3 vs the A’s for those Sox fans out there. Except this time it would be the right move.

I have ZERO faith Mitch can put up enough offensive points to beat the Saints.

Yes, I’m tapping my right arm and calling for the closer, Midway Nick. Don’t get me wrong, my confidence isn’t much higher with Foles, but it’s not fucking zilch and at least he’s done it before.

Fucking Mitch has been presented with countless opportunities to play well against good teams and hasn’t delivered a single time in his career. Zero games in his career with a QB rating over 100 against teams with a record over .500. Please sit back and ponder that for a few minutes. Because it is unfuckingbelievable.

IMO, the Bears QB will need to have over 100 passer rating to have a chance to win this game. There’s no way around it.

The Bears only W against a winning team this year was against the Bucs with Foles. Bears took the Saints to OT (granted no Michael Thomas) w/ Foles. The o-line is playing much better which is clearly a requirement for Foles to play well.

In a do or die situation, how fast is your hook on Mitch this Sunday?

First non-spiral? (JK he’d be gone after first pass attempt)
Few errant passes to open receivers?
One or multiple picks?
Down 2 scores?
Maybe you’d never bench him and blindly hope til the clock strikes zero that he will play well against a good team for the first time in career?
Bwahahahahaha....good one. Love it

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
WTF?!?!?! You play his ass the entire game.

He's a FA, put him on display for everyone. Maybe it drives down his price, and you bring him back. On the flip side maybe it ups his price and you say "arrivederci," because I don't think anyone in Halas Hall sees him as the long term solution, and then his inability to read a defense is somebody else's expensive problem.

Advocating for Foles, which I don't believe MN is actually doing here, is a terrible idea. Foles needs to be where he belongs in Chicago--permanently on the bench.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
No chance he looks good in this game.

Nagy gonna sabotage the offense.
Pagano is gonna run 4 pass rushers and get Hicks doubled. No push from Nichols.

this is the single largest misuse of talent I’ve ever seen.

Mel Tucker would do significantly better a DC with this team.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
For Foles to come in? Absolutely none. Foles will get destroyed by the Saints pass rush. If there is any chance, lets be honest there isn't one, is Trubisky uses his legs.
Now wait a second....Foles didn’t play exceptionally terrible in the last meeting. And he is a good relief QB.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
No hook, unless its something like 3-7 in the 4th. You let Mitch save the ship or sink it because that's ultimately going to be "exhibit 1" in justifying whatever decision you come to at QB in the offseason.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Pace is gonna just let it ride... his job is on the line in that game. Ride or die with the guy he drafted.

You really think Pace mandates to Nagy that Trubisky plays the the game entirely regardless of what happens?

And if he did Nagy would listen?

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is an 8-8 team that backed into the playoffs. If the defense was playing at a high level I might be a little more intrigued. The Saints are going to drop 30 or more points on this defense. Neither Nick or Mitch are capable of putting up that many points against their defense. I wouldn't put much more thought into this game than that. I would advice you to kick back with your favorite beverage and snacks and enjoy watching the Bears in a playoff game. Anymore expectations then that is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Now wait a second....Foles didn’t play exceptionally terrible in the last meeting. And he is a good relief QB.

Sorry but he wasn't that great. His late misfires ultimately sunk that game--I'd rather see Trubisky crash and burn then to see Foles get blown up on their turf--where that defense usually plays much better.