How realistic do you think the Bulls' chances are for a second-round upset?

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I just see the playoffs as a different animal....Example...we beat the Heat a lot in the regular season but can only muster one win in the playoffs against them. Talent and Experience are huge in the playoffs...While we lack star talent, we do have a lot of experience and a good coach.. .

You say we barely beat the Nets last year..well half of our team got sick in Games 5 and 6...in addition to everyone else already injured. Kirk and Deng didnt play the rest of the playoffs last year after Game 4.

So healthy, I think the Bulls will win a first round series.

dont get me wrong its not impossible to win a 1st round series but lets pump the breaks a little bit lol

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
dont get me wrong its not impossible to win a 1st round series but lets pump the breaks a little bit lol

Pump the brakes a little? LOL, do you even drive yet? What gives these other teams more than what the current Bulls team does? NOTHING!

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
we overachieved last year beating a mediocre nets team that had no heart and a bad coach and if Nate didnt turn into god in game 4 we most likely lose that series because we ended up losing the next 2

BUT WE HAVE JIMMER NOW ZOMG :smug:

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Pump the brakes a little? LOL, do you even drive yet? What gives these other teams more than what the current Bulls team does? NOTHING!

dont underestimate them

especially the Wizards Wall-Beal-Arzia-Nene-Gortat...thats a solid squad

and yes i do drive lol

BUT WE HAVE JIMMER NOW ZOMG :smug:

Jimmer the savior :elephant:

now if we could only get thibs to play him :shifty:

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Well, the Pacers or Heat could suffer key injuries. That's the only way I see us getting out of the second round.

As far as Jimmer is concerned, he's not going to get a lot of playing time until he learns Thibs schemes.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, the Pacers or Heat could suffer key injuries. That's the only way I see us getting out of the second round.

As far as Jimmer is concerned, he's not going to get a lot of playing time until he learns Thibs schemes.
Or if we get blown out by 40. He'll get about 5 good minutes of run then.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

So, he has to learn how not to score?

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
Unless either the Pacers or Heat get upset in the first round or they completely fall apart or Paul George or Lebron James doesn't play, I don't see how they win 4 games. They could get 2 as things are now but that's it. The Heat gear their season to the post season ans turn it up then. The Pacers think they should be in the finals and aren't going to feel any pressure prior to the conference finals.

czman

Liked Posts:
About the same odds as the Heat and Pacers planes crashing into each other.

Honestly, I would put the odds of making it to the second round at below 50% right now. I think the Raptors/Wizards/Nets are all matchups that the Bulls will have a hard time with. Health has a lot to do with the playoffs. The Nets are a team full of Vets and have a lot of talent/length/experience. The Raptors and Wizards are very athletic teams with limited experience.

The wild card in this is D.J. I honestly think he is a bad defender and he has struggled mightily against good defensive teams. Right now I don't see him doing a Nate in the playoffs and that means a 1st round out.

Maybe Rose will come back and save the day.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
So, he has to learn how not to score?

He has to learn where to be on the court, the names of the plays, how to execute them, how to not be a liability on defense.

This isn't learning how to be on a lottery team anymore(which means stat-padders welcome). This is a whole different culture.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He has to learn where to be on the court, the names of the plays, how to execute them, how to not be a liability on defense.

This isn't learning how to be on a lottery team anymore(which means stat-padders welcome). This is a whole different culture.

DJ Augustine picked it up pretty fast as the PG. I'm sure Jimmer will be fine.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
DJ had the benefit of the Bulls desperation to have a point guard in the line up, when Kirk was hurt. Plus DJ played both ways and used a similar play scheme on defense in Indiana, so he knew where to be most of the time. Jimmer will be fine, but he doesn't have the same luxury of jumping into a team that is without starter and backup at his position.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
DJ had the benefit of the Bulls desperation to have a point guard in the line up, when Kirk was hurt. Plus DJ played both ways and used a similar play scheme on defense in Indiana, so he knew where to be most of the time. Jimmer will be fine, but he doesn't have the same luxury of jumping into a team that is without starter and backup at his position.

Ok. And he picked up the offense fine. And he actually had to direct it. Jimmer will be fine. He's white.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

DJ was rather horrible in Indiana though. My friend who is a huge Pacers fan did nothing but complain about DJ. He's shocked how well he looks on the Bulls.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
DJ was rather horrible in Indiana though. My friend who is a huge Pacers fan did nothing but complain about DJ. He's shocked how well he looks on the Bulls.

I didn't claim that he was good in Indiana. I had him as a backup in a deep fantasy league, and he was pure disappoint in Indiana. But he still learned much of the same scheme while he was there, that Thibs uses(which was my point).

If Jimmer gets a lot of minutes anytime soon(next 4-6 games), I would be surprised if it happened without an injury, or without huge score differences.

ThaGator

Liked Posts:
10% chance to beat Indy, 0% chance to beat Miami.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk