How the Blackhawks have been using the 4th line, in one image

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
This has been circulating on Twitter today.

BemSM6wCAAAzmsJ.png

The farther to the left a player is, the more often he is put on the ice for a defensive zone faceoff.

Kind of interesting to see how much faith Q has had in putting his 4th line out there on defense so often.

Two other stats are also being depicted on this graph. The vertical axis reflects the quality of competition that those players are facing (tougher competition, higher on the graph). The color of the circles indicate a positive (blue) or negative (red) Corsi rating, and I believe the darker the circle, the more extreme the number.

Last edited:

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
If this image includes special teams, that could be a big reason why it seems so skewed (if included since I don't know the backstory and am just going off what I see on the graph). Kruger is a permanent PK guy with Bollig/Smith getting in time as well...while all three guys don't touch the powerplay.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
If this image includes special teams, that could be a big reason why it seems so skewed (if included since I don't know the backstory and am just going off what I see on the graph). Kruger is a permanent PK guy with Bollig/Smith getting in time as well...while all three guys don't touch the powerplay.

I'm about 90 percent certain that it's strictly 5-on-5 situations.

It's from this page: http://www.extraskater.com/team/chicago-blackhawks/2013#player-usage-chart

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
It's missing that big red Boland Q usually had.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2