Howard will not be our starting RB in 2018

AussieBear

I thought you might be stupid, but that just 100% confirmed it!

yeah..

member when j allen went ova 1100 yards and da bears were also 5-11

a train took his shit da nex year and da bears went 13-3..

brah.. do you even bears fan??..

talk about dumb... yay.. i be jtrealinz it like it is yo.. another fraud bears fan alt exposed

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Blaming one guy (the one doing his part) for not making the playoffs is just weird. I take it you are looking for attention is all. I don't believe you are that simple minded.

AussieBear

Blaming one guy (the one doing his part) for not making the playoffs is just weird. I take it you are looking for attention is all. I don't believe you are that simple minded.

dont be deflecting to a team game logic thang.. im too obtuse for that line of thinking..

less keep this on the jtAINTrealz being exposed as a fake bears fan alt..

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
dont be deflecting to a team game logic thang.. im too obtuse for that line of thinking..

less keep this on the jtAINTrealz being exposed as a fake bears fan alt..

yeah, sure bogan!

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I'm trying to think of the last decent back to come out of Penn State that was taken in the first round....

Larry Johnson? Who else...I know I have to be missing a ton.

Curt Warner was pretty damn good.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
yeah..

member when j allen went ova 1100 yards and da bears were also 5-11

a train took his shit da nex year and da bears went 13-3..

brah.. do you even bears fan??..

talk about dumb... yay.. i be jtrealinz it like it is yo.. another fraud bears fan alt exposed

Oh...the days of Curtis P. Enis

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Pretty sure howard can work on his pass catching. I think its a bigger plus to have a back that can get you 4 yards per carry than one that can catch a pass for 4 yards on a dump off. Its all based on the play action and if you dont have a scary back on the field, they dont bite on the play action.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
1. He caught 70%+ of his targets.
2. He is a good pass blocker.
3. He was 2nd in 40+ runs.
4. He ran in a predictable offense with no threat of passing game.

He is a top flight back. If Nagy can't figure out a way to use him better then Loggains(who runs a West coast offense as well) then he was a bad hire.

I have no issue with his running, so the last two comments are unnecessary. I just said he's not a weapon in the passing game, and he is not. Period.

"Only dropped 30%" of two yard throws? Not good.

I am not lobbying for him to be replaced, and unlike the earlier poster who said he'd love to see us trade him to move up and grab Barkley, I say quite the opposite.

IF you grab Barkley at 8 - or even lower - and get a 2nd for Howard, I wouldn't entertain the idea.

Believe me, I have other positions I prefer drafting! Don't misunderstand me. Seems some just can't face that our "elite back" is not well rounded.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Bears' fans are awfully quick to condemn a player early in his career. Howard had astigmatism, and trouble seeing things far away. He had PKR in the off season last year, a procedure that can take a while for your vision to completely stabilize. He'll work on his receiving, but he will be an important part of the offense in 2018. Period.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports...-howard-is-a-better-player-after-eye-surgery/

TL1961

Liked Posts:
But that's what Bear fans want to do: trade away the team's best players and hope some draft choice will develop. Crazy, But unfortunately it is true that Howard is a liability if he can't catch a pass. He either has to improve or he will eventually lose pt to a back that can catch.

Well, that's intentionally misleading.

PlayerS, plural? No.

Hope some draft choice will develop? Really?

Again, I would never have come up with the plan to draft, of all things, a RB. I was against it when we didn't truly have one. (Using a high first rounder on one, that is.)

And I am not lobbying for this particular scenario.

But let's not suggest, as some have, that somehow trading Howard and drafting Barkley "creates holes" (again plural somehow)

And let's not act like Barkley isn't going to be a better back.

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:
I think we would be stupid to not play Howard. He has a rare gift of field vision unlike any back I've seen in a Bear uniform for years! He is a great rusher!!

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Howard’s going to start. Cohen will be used everywhere. I’d like to retain Benny for his versatility. You know what you’re getting. I think Pace is going to repeat his patented mid round RB selection this year to add to the platoon. Someone bigger than Cohen who can run and also catch/block. Chances are Cohen will be used a lot more in the passing game and in the slot. Need another RB to split carries with Howard.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I doubt we could ever get his real value in a trade.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I think everyone is over thinking the naggy “system”. If naggy can’t make a stud rb fit his system then his system sucks dick. Be ready for lots of Howard and not being bogged down by the run run pass playbook

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think we would be stupid to not play Howard. He has a rare gift of field vision unlike any back I've seen in a Bear uniform for years! He is a great rusher!!

Doubtful they would fail to recognize the production he can give an offense.