Hunter and Meyers update

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
All signs continue to point to Pete Myers returning to the assistant coaching bench role he held during Scott Skiles' successful tenure. Myers spent last season in a limited, behind-the-bench role but is expected to take Del Harris' spot after Harris' retirement last week.

The Bulls also have held internal discussions about keeping Lindsey Hunter around either as a part-time player or as a player development coach. Hunter attended Monday's draft workout.

I love love the idea of keeping Hunter in any coaching form. He did a good job with Rose last season and I believe he may be a great head coach down the line. As for Meyers what the hell do the Bulls see in this guy? time to cut the cord Jerry.

Ralphb07

Liked Posts:
Myers is not HC material but you don't need your 3rd Asst to be.... We have Bernie which is the lead Asst and Bobby O which I feel is a really good mind on the bench. The players seem to respect Myers.

I have no problem with Myers on the bench and IMO he did a good job under the Skiles regime....

Lindsay better be back no if's and's or but's about it. IMO Lindsay did wonders with Rose and is exactly the type of guy I want working in the development area of the players

Ralphb07

Liked Posts:
It's a good sign that Hunter attended the practice too.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Ralphb07 wrote:
Myers is not HC material but you don't need your 3rd Asst to be.... We have Bernie which is the lead Asst and Bobby O which I feel is a really good mind on the bench. The players seem to respect Myers.

I have no problem with Myers on the bench and IMO he did a good job under the Skiles regime....

Lindsay better be back no if's and's or but's about it. IMO Lindsay did wonders with Rose and is exactly the type of guy I want working in the development area of the players

yes Lindsey is what we need. I agree he did wonders with our young Rose and we have really needed a guy like him for since yrs ago.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If the Bulls don't keep Hunter around, I'm going to seriously begin to doubt the intelligence of Bulls management. I would rather have him as a coach over Myers, but as long as he stays and keeps helping out the rest of the team like he's been doing, I'm fine with Myers as the "official" 3rd coach.

Ralphb07

Liked Posts:
Coach Hunter? Lindsey Hunter told me he's trying to make a decision whether to play another year or explore the possibility of coaching. Hunter turns 39 in December yet has the enthusiasm of a player twenty years younger.

From Swirsky

This is why the Bulls have told Hunter he can do either or for us. The Bulls wanna keep Hunter in the org

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
If Lindsey becomes a coach, we have to let him on the bench somewhere, so he can cheerlead still.

Ralphb07

Liked Posts:
I emailed Swirsky and asked if both options were with the Bulls and he said Yes and that the Bulls really like Lindsay