Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Hmmm..on Sunday they said Hunter left the game because of "illness"..

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Pretty awkward coming out of the blue, but I don't think it's a major loss. As long as they don't have major injuries... I know all the Shaw supporters will be pissed they didn't keep him and cut Hunter now. He was on radio stations saying how he was feeling better this morning.

I don't know that Kevin Malast signed with anyone even on a practice squad, I don't know why he wouldn't get a shot to be picked up... they still didn't fill that 8th practice squad spot either I believe.

One thing to note he has been a big contributor in the player association and has agreed to have his brain one for medical study.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I hate to say this....but good.

I've never really been a fan of Hunter Hillenmeyer. I think we've kept him around "hoping" he could turn into Urlacher's replacement but the guy just isnt' good enough. I hope his health is ok but I could care less if he plays another down.

RandallPinkFloyd42

Liked Posts:
The guy always worked his ass off. Great fourth linebacker in a 4-3. Rumors he could retire because of this.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

I've never really been a fan of Hunter Hillenmeyer. I think we've kept him around "hoping" he could turn into Urlacher's replacement but the guy just isnt' good enough. I hope his health is ok but I could care less if he plays another down.

Not exactly Urlachers replacement when you're only 3 years younger than Urlacher. Urlacher's replacement needs to be someone they draft in next years draft in my opinion.

Hillenmeyer to me was a serviceable outside linebacker. He sucked at the MLB last year minus a game or two. However for depth this kinda sucks. Linebacker is very injury prone on this team...

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Always liked Hunter and thought he was a very smart player, but he often wasn't physical enough to be a stud LB in the NFL. I think this spells the end of his tenure in Chicago, retirement or not.

Slightly ironic that he falls victim to a concussion injury, considering he's been an advocate of the NFLPA's movement in concussion research.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kevin Malast is likely gonna be signed to take Hillenmeyer's spot on the roster

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just hope Hilly can live a normal life.

Concussion's aren't a game.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kevin Malast is likely gonna be signed to take Hillenmeyer's spot on the roster

He reportedly had a workout with the Rams and it was said to be good. However, the Rams never made an offer.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
If they do sign Malast, I wonder if any other linebackers they are gonna work out could be signed to the practice squad, the 8th spot is still open.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Thoughts: SPECIAL TEAMS BONUS!

followed by, Has he played since he was cut before the 08 year?

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

You serious clark?

Hunter's never been groomed to be Urlacher's replacement, imo...just kept around b/c he's a solid back-up. He's one of the smartest guys on the team, keeps his mouth shut, and does what he's told, every time. I understand that what he gains in knowledge he lacks in athleticism, but the dude is a professional, absolutely.

God knows we sure as hell won't find a better backup MLB this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.