I can’t believe it

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
It would be a lot weirder to not be happy that your team is showing positives sign of actual improvement.
He called people who thought the bears were going to win delusional. He always acts like he's got it all figured out.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The Bears have essentially had 3 seasons in the one season. Started 5-1 - appeared bound for the playoffs. 6 game skid, looked like the 30th best team in the NFL. And now they have a shot at the playoffs. Considering the Bears have already fucked their draft position for next season, there is no reason not to be a little excited that the Bears are going to be playing for something in the last week of the season.

Sure beats the hell out of being out of the playoff hunt by week 11.

msadows

Liked Posts:
It would be a lot weirder to not be happy that your team is showing positives sign of actual improvement.

Seriously.

None of us think the bears are good, As MikeDitka said. The majority of us still realize mitch sucks. He, however, has been much more consistent in his mediocre play. He's ALWAYS been mediocre, but now he's been mediocre for 4 games in a row. Usually you get 4 games of good play, then 12 games of bad play from him a season. He's stabilized his crap play to a big mediocre. Thats a net positive.

Also, the fact that our young guys are playing well is a major major net positive. Kmet, Monty, Mooney, Whitehair, Mustipher, Bars will play a MAJOR role in this offense going forward for the next few years. Their improvement over the last few weeks is huge and crucial.

For all the people who want a higher draft pick, you have to realize that would have been traded for the improvement of those players. 5 draft slots is worth monty getting 1,000 yards and mooney setting a rookie record and us finding our future center(looks like it).

Some people need to look towards the future. I know OP is prob a troll since this forum is full of them...but still.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Shut up OP. Mitch has finally developed into the QB Pace thought he was drafting. Bears football run da ball and da pley acktion. Bears control their destinyz bcuz monstaz midwey or sumtin. Packers sux. Feed me.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Are they showing signs of actual improvement? Serious question..... They beat a BAD Texans team and eeked out a victory vs an average as fuck Vikings team. We've seen Mitch put good two or three game stretches before. I'm not saying you can't be happy but I'm also saying this may be more of the same for the Bears.

D.J. Moore

The Member
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Are they showing signs of actual improvement? Serious question..... They beat a BAD Texans team and eeked out a victory vs an average as fuck Vikings team. We've seen Mitch put good two or three game stretches before. I'm not saying you can't be happy but I'm also saying this may be more of the same for the Bears.
2 sign of improvement over the past few games that I have seen is commiting to the run and sceming guys open on roll-outs. Has nothing to do with Mitch, the offense is schematically much more found.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions

A fair question.

What we have not seen is Mitch lead on so many scoring drives in one game over this long stretch of multiple games like this.

This seems different than the mini-run in 19 vs. the Lions twice and the Cowboys where he posted a 100 + rating.

He seems like he knows what he is doing pre-snap and during and seems like he has turned a bit of a corner.

Now I am with you that any good DC can find a way to knock him off his game but honestly I think it will have to be in the way of crowding Montgomery with stacked boxes and run blitzes and baiting Nagy to abandon Montgomery with an eye then on zone blitzing Mitch with switched up coverage looks before snap to after snap.

It is very likely that a good DC stymies the Montgomery-heavy "moving pocket"PA game and Nagy panics and becomes foolish again by demanding Lazor change philosophy and gameplan.

Sadly so too - to the point where I would bank on it happening at some point soon.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Shut up OP. Mitch has finally developed into the QB Pace thought he was drafting. Bears football run da ball and da pley acktion. Bears control their destinyz bcuz monstaz midwey or sumtin. Packers sux. Feed me.
I mean it's not even that. I'm just happy that they're maybe improving and that some young players are playing well. It's not either "The bears and Mitch have figured it out, bring everyone back and change nothing." Or "The Bears and Mitch are having a few flash games and they're all actually trash."

It's not a homer or meatball thing to suggest that the current style of offense they're playing is more suited to their players' strengths. That doesn't mean the offense is fixed, the players' strengths may still be too limited to find sustained success in any system.