I cannot stand INTERNET EXPLORER

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
It is such a steaming pile of horse shit it's unbelievable. How on earth a Company writes such a piece of shit software on it's own OS is BEYOND ME. This piece of shit will not only lock the entire browser but even process OUTSIDE of it. Every other Company writes a better browser FOR MICROSOFTS OWN OS. Fuck you Microsoft, just give it up entirely. This is how IE makes me feel

[video=youtube;TQXuazYI_YU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQXuazYI_YU[/video]

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
No one uses IE anyways. It's a piece of shit.

Last edited:

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What's this about?

Jay-Cutler-BearsQB-e1380999346615.gif

Nick80

Oh right.

[video=youtube;7GT_ABdbqrg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GT_ABdbqrg[/video]

Nick80

I have to for certain things at work and it makes me want to stab someone in the neck.

Stabbing is bad.

[video=youtube;KNFvw4ciz4w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNFvw4ciz4w[/video]

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I have to for certain things at work and it makes me want to stab someone in the neck.

TAKE ONE HUNDRED PAID

SICK DAYS OFF AND MAYBE

THEY'LL HAVE IT ALL FIXED UP

WITH FIREFOX BY

THE TIME YOU GET BACK!!!

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

The Application that clone and myself support is a web app that only works 100% on IE and it was just recently that it would work on the newer versions of IE.... previously our customers had to use like IE7 or some shit.

Makes me lol every time

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
No one uses IE anyways. It's a piece of shit.

3.4% of the "global browser market share" still uses IE8 which means I still have to code for it. I dont' spazz out like a bitch like Jester does about it, but it does make me sad.

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
3.4% of the "global browser market share" still uses IE8 which means I still have to code for it. I dont' spazz out like a bitch like Jester does about it, but it does make me sad.

Not as bad as IE6. That was a nightmare, and the percentage of users stayed high for a long time.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Has your boss said any epic dumb shit lately?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls

Firefox

about:config

1) Create new string

2) Name it: general.useragent.override.THESITEADDRESSHERE.com.net.org
and replace the last bit with the site, so it should look like this: general.useragent.override.google.com if you did it for google.

3) Add this for every site, as the Value.
general.useragent.override.privat24.ua;Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 10.6; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0; InfoPath.2; SLCC1; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 2.0.50727) 3gpp-gba UNTRUSTED/1.0

poof, wow, firefox is now compatible with sites that claim to ONLY be internet explorer compatible. The only time this has ever been an issue for me, is if the Firefox installation didn't have the office extensions enabled, and IIRC once you install office, they are there.

don't ask for chrome or opera, as both are super gimped for power users.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Firefox

about:config

1) Create new string

2) Name it: general.useragent.override.THESITEADDRESSHERE.com.net.org
and replace the last bit with the site, so it should look like this: general.useragent.override.google.com if you did it for google.

3) Add this for every site, as the Value.
general.useragent.override.privat24.ua;Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 10.6; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0; InfoPath.2; SLCC1; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 2.0.50727) 3gpp-gba UNTRUSTED/1.0

poof, wow, firefox is now compatible with sites that claim to ONLY be internet explorer compatible. The only time this has ever been an issue for me, is if the Firefox installation didn't have the office extensions enabled, and IIRC once you install office, they are there.
What is this witchcraft...

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I actually stopped using Firefox and Chrome and went back to IE on my personal PC. At work I still use Chrome. Its more due to graphics driver issues with hardware acceleration on firefox that made me stop using it. I love my 295X2 and 290X but fuck AMD's drivers blow right now.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
or try this fix:

do a hardrive search on you windows device for "system32"

locate the folder that comes up and delete it.

come back and post about how much smoother IE works for you afterwards.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
or try this fix:

do a hardrive search on you windows device for "system32"

locate the folder that comes up and delete it.

come back and post about how much smoother IE works for you afterwards.

Calm down Satan

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I actually stopped using Firefox and Chrome and went back to IE on my personal PC. At work I still use Chrome. Its more due to graphics driver issues with hardware acceleration on firefox that made me stop using it. I love my 295X2 and 290X but fuck AMD's drivers blow right now.

I keep firefox and chrome's hardware acceleration disabled. Same with flash. Microsoft released a patch for Windows vista/7/8 that fixes the AMD atisys file issue 3 weeks ago, check your additional/optional windows updates. They are releasing a fix for nvidia cards soon(yes, this happens with nvidia cards as well), and it was actually a Windows OpenCL issue, not AMD or nVidia.