I honestly think Mack, Smith, and Lynch are NOT in SHAPE yet

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Add to that FLoyd is playing with One friggin hand !!

This D is going to get better and better.

THEN, consider their confidence starting to Bloom as the turnovers come.

As a fellow CCS poster said, Its kinda a synergistic thing that's happening here.

The players are "feeding'" off each other. Out-Doing their own performances each week. AND Mack is "feeding" off the play of "The Dogs" ... he is teammates with.

Everything points to Mack liking it here AND Fuck he definitely is liked by Chicago and his teammates

( already bought a nice 6000 + sf 3.75 million home which is chump change for him now )

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Add to that FLoyd is playing with One friggin hand !!

This D is going to get better and better.

THEN, consider their confidence starting to Bloom as the turnovers come.

As a fellow CCS poster said, Its kinda a synergistic thing that's happening here.

The players are "feeding'" off each other. Out-Doing their own performances each week. AND Mack is "feeding" of the play off "The Dogs" ... he is teammates with.

Everything points to Mack liking it here AND Fuck he definitely is liked by Chicago and his teammates

( already bought a nice 6000 + sf 3.75 million home which is chump change for him now )

A guy like Mack is going to use jumping offside and erasing the pick six as motivation to play even better.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Smith will show the most growth/improvement as he plays more. Should come out of the break running. Mac was still effective late last game so I think he's there. Can't wait until Floyd has his hand strength back.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I agree OP. They will be in top shape soon. Add in the young CB play and all depth players coming on strong and this defense will be in line with our other great defenses of the past. If If if our O catches on then we are a top 3 team.

Washington

Liked Posts:
I do agree that the 3 the OP mentioned are probably still a click away from being in the football shape they want to be in.

We're going to find out what kind of shape our secondary is in this weekend. We're also going to find out the overall quality of our secondary. Should be a very good measuring stick for where this defense is.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They are 100% not in shape yet.

I think they are probably close, but after the bye week I expect they will be there.

The only real value to the pre-season for starters is that you get those high intensity game reps where in some cases you are not controlling the pace or interval of the cardio.

laputan

Liked Posts:
I don’t see how the D can get any better. They can’t keep up this pace forever and will likely regress just slightly.

cubby chubby

Liked Posts:
I don’t see how the D can get any better. They can’t keep up this pace forever and will likely regress just slightly.

I don't see how Mack can get any better, but Floyd certainly can get substantially better, and Smith can get better as well. But you're right, their pace is pretty frightening and at some point would seem to level out somewhat.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers

What pace? It's not like they're shutting out opponents game after game. There's plenty of areas for improvement. Fucking Sam Bradford ass raped them for a quarter. The sacks won't keep coming like they are, but QB pressure could get more consistent.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
What pace? It's not like they're shutting out opponents game after game. There's plenty of areas for improvement. Fucking Sam Bradford ass raped them for a quarter. The sacks won't keep coming like they are, but QB pressure could get more consistent.

Lol. Hardly. There were two blown coverages and a turnover, that's how they got their points.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Lol. Hardly. There were two blown coverages and a turnover, that's how they got their points.

Lol, it was their best shot and they wouldn't have scored again but Mitch fumbled.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Mack has currently played 80% of all available defensive snaps this year.

Smith is at 61%, and Lynch is at 39%

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
I think Well see a jump in Floyd and Smith after the bye, Floyd will get more time for his hand and Smith studying tape of what hes done, If we can get those 2 playing to their potential, look out

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They are gonna need to be just a little bit better for Tampa. Let's see if the O and D can Both improve, even a little bit over the next 13 games. It will ADD up into a different Level team by the end of the year, on the positive side