I lost all respect for Belichick last night

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
You lost all respect for Belichik. So that means you had some?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Its just another example why many people are getting turned off by professional football. Scum bag cheaters like Belichek and Carroll, stupid rules, rampant use of performance enhancers, biased refereeing, out of control off field violence and abuse. There is no honor in this league. NONE.
You're right. It isn't like hockey where past greats like Bobby Hull would never lay a finger on their wives....

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
You're right. It isn't like hockey where past greats like Bobby Hull would never lay a finger on their wives....

maybe he's onto something...maybe this crap has always gone on and the old school honor thing has always been a sham. I know that Greg Schiano pissed off a lot of old school coaches when he started blowing up the victory formation though. I guess I need to stop viewing the world through a puritanical prism and see that in reality it's every man for himself, the only reason we're civilized is there is currently no competition for resources.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Um...

In sports, yes it is.

I guess you didn't read my entire post. To set a good example, use one's platform responsibly, be a role model are all worthy things to aspire for. After it is all said and done, winning isn't enough. The trophy is going to rust, the title will become history, and all the accolades will eventually phase. The legacy you leave through the way you conduct yourself and the character you uphold will last much longer in the lives of those who watched. One's character could breed a generation of people who took note, whether for the good or the bad.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
I guess you didn't read my entire post. To set a good example, use one's platform responsibly, be a role model are all worthy things to aspire for. After it is all said and done, winning isn't enough. The trophy is going to rust, the title will become history, and all the accolades will eventually phase. The legacy you leave through the way you conduct yourself and the character you uphold will last much longer in the lives of those who watched. One's character could breed a generation of people who took note, whether for the good or the bad.

Can you name all the good honest professional coaches that had losing records from 50 years ago?

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
I lost all respect for the OP for this crybaby thread. It's within the rules of the game, you dolt!

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Completely legal play. I don't see a problem with it. Credit Belichick for having the balls to run it and know the rule book. Smart play design.

The problem was really a refereeing problem more than anything other than Belichek being the scum bag that he is once again. There is a rule that surrounds this and it basically says that the Umpire will not declare the ball ready for play until the referee assures that the defense has adequate time to adjust personnel wise to the trick formation. Clearly the referee crew did not get there own act together. Perhaps they didn't know the rule book either which isn't surprising to me at all. Blaming Harbaugh and the Ravens for that farce is not putting the blame where it should be. Horseshit refereeing once again and a scum sucking asshole for fooling them all.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
That sounds like some Winchentucky type of thinking to me. No this will not be anything people remember as a tarnishing stance on BB's record or resume.

Sure you may find it shady or going up right against the fair bounds of the rules, but that's what should be intended. Just because it wasn't expected doesn't make it unfair or illegal. There is so much in football that's intended on deceiving the opponent, as long as you're doing it in a legal manner it's not unruly.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How did he not do his job?

There is a rule that basically states that the umpire will not declare the ball ready for play until the head referee gives him the okay. The referee in turn is supposed to wait until the defense can make the necessary adjustments it needs to counter the unusual alignment. Instead the referee went along with the late alignment of personnel and the Ravens were unable to adjust to it.