I Think Trestman Could Pull A Jon Gruden

optimus prime

Liked Posts:
Gruden came in his first year with tampa and won the super bowl with tony dungy's defense and an improved offense. I believe the same thing is possible this year with trestman's offense with the remnants of lovie's defense

Major Ursa

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Utah State Aggies
I like the way you think, but this team is still a work in progress. Losing Melton sucks, and I'm starting to miss the Lovie Cover 2 a little. I think Tucker needs to scale back the blitzes a tad bit and keep us in 2 deep more. We were getting abused with that single high safety look last night.

kurutoga

Liked Posts:
Maybe but there are some teams, especially teams like Seattle, that look very tough to beat. If we have to go to Seattle to play a playoff game it might not be pretty.

Its a long season. The important thing is we (1) get to the playoff and (2) peak at the playoff. As scary as Seattle looks today, they need to keep it up for the whole season, while Bears have a lot to improve we can just focus on getting better each week. If we can do that then it's not entirely impossible for Bears can beat Seahawks in Seattle later this season.

46bearsd

Lover and Fighter
Liked Posts:
This offense with Lovie's '05 or '06 defense would make for a lethal team. probably unbeatable.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe but there are some teams, especially teams like Seattle, that look very tough to beat. If we have to go to Seattle to play a playoff game it might not be pretty.

Absolutely right. Seattle in seattle doesnt look good for ANYBODY
Means we gotta get homefield advantage.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Seattle always looks good in Seattle. They are typically pretty average on the road. If Major Wright would have caught that duck from Wilson last year in the 4th quarter they would not have even made the playoffs. I will wait a little longer before I make any judgements on what teams are for real.

By the way, Carolina had them in the opener and gave it away.

Justin Heras

Liked Posts:
I like the way you think, but this team is still a work in progress. Losing Melton sucks, and I'm starting to miss the Lovie Cover 2 a little. I think Tucker needs to scale back the blitzes a tad bit and keep us in 2 deep more. We were getting abused with that single high safety look last night.

But we are still running a 4-3 cover 2 shell. What our defense is doing this year is not much different than when Lovie was here. Also It's not like our defense hasn't been picked apart in a similar fashion before.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
Gruden came in his first year with tampa and won the super bowl with tony dungy's defense and an improved offense. I believe the same thing is possible this year with trestman's offense with the remnants of lovie's defense

If you watched the "it's a football life: warren sapp" Derrick brooks talked about how the defense was starting to get fed up with not havin an offense and the D having to do everything. Now obviously the bears d wasn't happy to see Lovie go but I do agree with the premise of your post.