I want Devante Parker on the Bears

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
"He's a headcase! Look at those comments about Gase!"
Gase has problems with a lot of players. Parker is not alone, I dont know if he's the problem.

"He's never done anything!"
Wrong. He hasn't been as productive as you'd want a first-rounder to be but he has been productive.

"He sucks"
He does not! He is very fast with great size and route running!

"There's nowhere to play him on the Bears"
I see Josh Bellamy and Kevin White getting targets. I dont believe you. And what happens if Ant Mill aggravates his injury? Or something happens to Gabriel or Robinson?

"Miami wont trade him"
Sadly with Albert Wilson's injury this may be true. But lets see what happens tonight.

"Bears cant afford him"
:( got me there. The Bears have a 4th that would probably get it done but they are not in a position to give up more draft capital. I'd do it.

"You'd do it, but you're an idiot!"
Not nice.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Gase has problems with a lot of players. Parker is not alone, I dont know if he's the problem.

Wrong. He hasn't been as productive as you'd want a first-rounder to be but he has been productive.

"He sucks"

I see Josh Bellamy and Kevin White getting targets. I dont believe you. And what happens if Ant Mill aggravates his injury? Or something happens to Gabriel or Robinson?

"Miami wont trade him"
Sadly with Albert Wilson's injury this may be true. But lets see what happens tonight.

"Bears cant afford him"
:( got me there. The Bears have a 4th that would probably get it done but they are not in a position to give up more draft capital. I'd do it.

Not nice.

You'd think you'd list at least one positive to bringing in a guy that you started a thread about, and titled "I want him on the Bears".

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
You'd think you'd list at least one positive to bringing in a guy that you started a thread about, and titled "I want him on the Bears".
Oh its obvious that he would energize the offense and give them some more big play explosiveness. Can never have too many weapons.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Oh its obvious that he would energize the offense and give them some more big play explosiveness. Can never have too many weapons.

I don't know how any of that is "obvious". Also the Bears don't have a single asset to trade for him and no cap, not happening.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
The Bears have late round picks that could get it done. The cap is the cap, they can figure it out. Parker isn't owed a fortune.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
The Bears have late round picks that could get it done. The cap is the cap, they can figure it out. Parker isn't owed a fortune.

I'd rather keep the picks as we don't have many to throw away at questionable players IMO, agree to disagree I guess.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
He is pricing himself outside of what the Bears have available to spend.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
He’s injured all the time. He would be an awful acquisition.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:

"He sucks"

"Miami wont trade him"

"Bears cant afford him"

Not nice.

I think i would take another Tarik Cohen instead.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
I think i would take another Tarik Cohen instead.

You have a fundamental misunderstand of the NFL Draft if you think the Bears will just "have another Tarik Cohen please and thank you" when they are on the clock at the 110-125th overall pick.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
You have a fundamental misunderstand of the NFL Draft if you think the Bears will just "have another Tarik Cohen please and thank you" when they are on the clock at the 110-125th overall pick.

I get your point, but I also value what Pace has done with later round picks more than I do a guy that is going to do something that we already have a guy to do. Look the problem hasn't been getting open deep, Gabriel has done that, the problem has been the ball isn't landing in the basket.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears are not lacking in receivers. Trubs just needs to consistently hit the open receiver and everything will be fine

mecha

Liked Posts:
why is the discussion even happening? this feels like a thread that should've happened back in like March.

there's nothing wrong with the receivers they have now. if they were still averaging like 15 points a game I'd buy your theory that there's something wrong with the offense. the defense hasn't done shit in a month. so where are these 30+ point scores coming from?

shitbird.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Unfortunately, it doesn't look like we'll have what we hoped from Robinson until next year. We all knew he wouldn't be be in top form to start the year but this hammy put a cap on him getting his pop back. It will be like getting a top FA WR next year.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
why is the discussion even happening? this feels like a thread that should've happened back in like March.

there's nothing wrong with the receivers they have now. if they were still averaging like 15 points a game I'd buy your theory that there's something wrong with the offense. the defense hasn't done shit in a month. so where are these 30+ point scores coming from?

shitbird.

There is something wrong with Josh Bellamy and Dion Sims, both of whom are still getting targets. I do not want to hear that the Bears are "good" at receiver. They are acceptable, there is definitely room for improvement.

KingInTheNorth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
We don't need him, White is about to go off....
Off to another team that is...

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:

shitbird.

We don't need him, White is about to go off....
Off to another team that is...

What if Parker could make just a few more plays every game than Bellamy, what kind of difference would that make. Imagine just last week with the lost deep ball and the pathetic attempt on what wound up being an interception. The difference between Bellamy and Parker may have been the difference in that game!

Bears arent playing with house money anymore. "Good enough" isn't good enough. They have already left enough plays out on the field trying to make Bellamy and Sims happen and it's just not something they can afford anymore. The Bears are on a three strike count now, they lose three more games and playoffs are not guaranteed and this season becomes a failure. You want to look back in the off-season and think "man, all those times Bellamy fucked up we could've had a mega talented 6'3 lightning bolt out there but thank god for this 5th or 6th round pick!" while rueing a narrow playoff miss?

I sure as hell don't.