If Bears Woulda Lost Out - 7th Pick

JTaylor072

Liked Posts:
SOS .488 put them ahead of all other 5-11 teams.

The 7th pick woulda surely put them in posisiton for Fields or Wilson with a little luck or trading.

Instead the Bear back into the playoffs, with no chance of winning it all.Save the job ofNagy andbring back Trubisky who is just good enough to win 6 or 7 games next year!

Sad :(

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In Wilson or Trey Lance territory for sure.

I'm glad we're in the playoffs, but do not prolong the inevitable and bring back Mitch.

This whole "there's no better option" is whack. Not paying him and moving on is better. Many teams have to have a rough year at QB before they draft their guy.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Mitchs accuracy was absolute shit yesterday. Even The little 8 yard throw on a Miller slant was wobbly af. He can’t come back.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
If Mitch ain't coming back I don't want to see Foles. I would seriously look at a guy like a CJ Beathard or Dalton as a bridge QB. I would legitemely take those guys over Foles and they'd be cheaper too.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
The Bears are already a loser franchise.
We’ve been a loser franchise for awhile. Tanking for a draft pick isn’t changing any of that. In fact case could be made it makes the team worse. We have lots of players on long term contracts you want them to accept slacking off for a pick?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In Wilson or Trey Lance territory for sure.

I'm glad we're in the playoffs, but do not prolong the inevitable and bring back Mitch.

This whole "there's no better option" is whack. Not paying him and moving on is better. Many teams have to have a rough year at QB before they draft their guy.
Staff will think it the safest way to keep their jobs. That's the point. Every smart fan has wanted to move on for a while. Foles is not a better option. Overpaying another team's reject is not a better option. Fortunately, after yesterday, the price went down. We need to draft somebody. I don't understand why you think this team's staff and GM would be willing to fall on their sword when their jobs are on the line.

Last edited:

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Bears are going to be in excellent draft position to draft an average ILB/S or even a WR2 to replace ARob that will result in no additional wins because the QB can’t throw the ball further than 10 yards

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears are going to be in excellent draft position to draft an average ILB/S or even a WR2 to replace ARob that will result in no additional wins because the QB can’t throw the ball further than 10 yards

That's the other thing too.

If they've pissed off ARob and he's going...can you imagine how miserable Mitch is going to be next year?

Foles is bad, but he's already on the books. We do not need TWO bad QBs on the payroll. Get rid of Mitch and draft someone. I'm not saying a third round draft pick is going to save the franchise. Gardner Minshew was a 6th round pick. I could live with that for a year because you don't have to pay him anything.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd personally like to go with your suggestion and simply move on from Mitch right now but I just don't see it happening. If nothing else, Pace will sign him and say 'we have our playoff QB' just to smokescreen his QB pick in the draft, LOL.

AR is more likely returning with Mitch than without him. He looked seriously pissed about playing with Foles.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd personally like to go with your suggestion and simply move on from Mitch right now but I just don't see it happening. If nothing else, Pace will sign him and say 'we have our playoff QB' just to smokescreen his QB pick in the draft, LOL.

AR is more likely returning with Mitch than without him. He looked seriously pissed about playing with Foles.

I don't know what's going to happen, but Pace has been on a streak of admitting mistakes and moving on...hopefully, he does it with Mitch.

For me, the single dumbest thing they can do this off-season, the only thing I'm really concerned with, is ditching Mitch. He's not the guy. Time to cut ties. His contract is up. We gave him every chance.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe Pace told nagy he had to call plays on Sun. as a test. Not serious here but it would have been a nice fail there too.
Running clock is great but it's bullshit if you don't score at the end of the drive.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

True but they could get an offensive lineman or even the DE to replace Hicks in 2022. Or even another CB to move on from Cushion Fuller

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Should 5 QBs go before the Bears pick as most seem to think, they should be in a good position to take a top OT in this draft..hopefully.
O line has seemed decent the last couple weeks. I dont remember a point to really fault them last night. Obviously still need to look into Lenos replacement but a QB1 is a bigger need IMO.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
O line has seemed decent the last couple weeks. I dont remember a point to really fault them last night. Obviously still need to look into Lenos replacement but a QB1 is a bigger need IMO.
Totes agree, just don't think Bears will be in position to get a QB barring a trade up. Trey Lance seems like the most likely QB to fall based on him not playing this year, but he isn't going to be ready to start Week1, if at all.

With the emergence of Mustipher - our Interior OL seems solid. Go into next season with Whitehair/Daniels/Mustipher/Bars. Think they have to try and re-sign Ifedi. Release Massie. Draft an OT. Let Leno/draft pick compete it out or start the rookie at RT.