If Cutler was a consistent top ten QB, how would the franchise of gone?

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
If Cutler was consistently in the range of Rivers, Romo, Ryan, and Stafford in terms of his play, how good would the Bears have been?

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
we would have won a super bowl in 2010 and we would probably consistently have been in the playoffs for the next 3-4 years unless the Forte and Cutler injuries happen again in 2011/2012???? and lovie wouldn't have gotten fired ???

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
How many Super Bowl's do all those guys have combined?

Bears probably would've squeezed a few division titles and maybe Rodgers wouldn't have this mythic ability to just look at the Bears' sideline and have them all cower.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If he hypothetically were on that level, we would have had a legitimate chance to win the Super Bowl between 2010-2012 (mainly 2010-2011), when we our defenses ranged from good enough to great.

Our defense was pretty bad in the last few years with Cutler, so I doubt we would have made much noise, even if he were a top 10 QB.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
So questions about Cutler is still a thing around here?

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
If he hypothetically were on that level, we would have had a legitimate chance to win the Super Bowl between 2010-2012 (mainly 2010-2011), when we our defenses ranged from good enough to great.

Our defense was pretty bad in the last few years with Cutler, so I doubt we would have made much noise, even if he were a top 10 QB.

If Cutler performed better the Bears win the SB 2010. Those god-awful Mel Tucker defenses never exist because Lovie doesn't get fired & the Bears are probably mainstays in the play-offs. Hard to guess beyond that because I can think of at least one Cutler injury that doesn't happen because he doesn't throw the pick & get hurt chasing it down.

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cutler with this defense would have been fun.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If Cutler performed better the Bears win the SB 2010. Those god-awful Mel Tucker defenses never exist because Lovie doesn't get fired & the Bears are probably mainstays in the play-offs. Hard to guess beyond that because I can think of at least one Cutler injury that doesn't happen because he doesn't throw the pick & get hurt chasing it down.

True, if we win the Super Bowl in 2010, things would have been much different in the following seasons.

Sill, I don't think we would have been dominant for long. If we really did win it, a lot of guys could have also requested much more money, and we wouldn't have been able to keep the team together. A good example is what happened to Seattle.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
If Cutler was a consistent top ten QB, how would the franchise of gone?

All jay needed to do was find ways to win. I like top ten stats, but I like winning better

jay was a loser

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Cutler had 7 offenses to learn in 8 seasons. The only thing I wonder is he had 1 only to master how good would he have been? As to OPs question ---- SBs. We had everything but a QB some years.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
uhhh....... better? Not sure what you're looking for.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Great thread...they'd have been as competitive as a team with a top ten QB should be, nobody can say exactly how it would've gone.

Sorry not sorry but Dumbass thread.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Cutler had 7 offenses to learn in 8 seasons. The only thing I wonder is he had 1 only to master how good would he have been? As to OPs question ---- SBs. We had everything but a QB some years.

Other Qb's went thru different offenses and still performed. That's why they're paid millions. Plus....jay got those OC's & coaches fired. Remember? jay couldn't mesh with them so they were fired. Remember?

mecha

Liked Posts:
Other Qb's went thru different offenses and still performed. That's why they're paid millions. Plus....jay got those OC's & coaches fired. Remember? jay couldn't mesh with them so they were fired. Remember?

who are these other QBs? no other team in the NFL was as inept on offense as the Bears, not even the Raiders and Browns flipped coaches as much as they did

Turner got let go because he sucked for multiple years (he had about 7 other QBs to work with, I doubt Cutler was the reason), Martz didn't want to work with Lovie anymore (he probably liked retirement more; additionally got the most out of Cutler for 2 seasons), Tice shouldn't have been OC in the first place (fired with Lovie Smith), Kromer was a cunt (fired with Marc Trestman), and CCS willed Gase to get a head coaching job (he became the head coach of the Dolphins). who are these coaches he got fired?

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
The league would have moved us to Hollywood and Anthony Adams would have caught fire in showbiz and been casted as the next James Bond. #thanksJay

Rgrigutis

Liked Posts:
Well we’ll never know because they switched systems every year

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Top 12 qb with shitty coaching and/or personnel.

Wish he had some consistency. Lovie was a joke to begin with. I think jay would’ve brought a super bowl or 2.

I look at the game against GB to get into the playoffs as an embarrassment. Marshall dropped passes, D was awful. People forget jay thru a pass to b marsh on the numbers and he dropped it! Would’ve been field goal range