If I was Jim Hendry...

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Chi-Town Cubs: If I was Jim Hendry...

Thoughts? I know I will get bashed for some of the moves I listed, but everyone would if they did a post like this. Try to make the posts about the article its self and the moves I listed, no saying anything about grammar errors because I know that already. Thanks.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
The incentives were way too much. But, I only spent 24.5M and that's not bad at all. It probably will have to be lower, but I did pretty good with managing it.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You think Marmol would take a 3 year 18 million dollar contract, when he can make roughly 18 million the next 2 years through arby? And Brandon Webb will not sign for 3-5 million. It'll take about 7-9 million to sign him.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Webb won't be cheap..

Might as well just let Silva pitch the rest of his salary unless he really starts to suck.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
How can you play a pitcher in Webb who has rarely pitched the last 2 seasons? Only dumb teams will do that.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
You think Marmol would take a 3 year 18 million dollar contract, when he can make roughly 18 million the next 2 years through arby? And Brandon Webb will not sign for 3-5 million. It'll take about 7-9 million to sign him.

Then you do one..."If I was Jim Hendry".

RandallPinkFloyd42

Liked Posts:
If I was Jim Hendry I would quit. But where's Randy Wells in your rotation?

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
If I was Jim Hendry I would quit. But where's Randy Wells in your rotation?

I had him under sign Adam LaRoche. If the D'backs pick up LaRoche's option, I said trade Wells and Baker for him.

2) Sign-Trade for 1B Adam LaRoche: The D'backs still don't know if his 7.5M option would be exercise, so I would trade for or sign him. I would sign him to a 1 year contract worth 7M, with a team option for 2012 worth 8M. If LaRoche's option is exercised and I think the D'backs would shop him, I would trade utility man Jeff Baker and starting pitcher Randy Wells. Baker was good but with the emergence of Darwin Barney, he has to be traded. Wells has looked good at times but he was really inconsistent this year and I think pitchers in the minors would do a better job (i.e. Archer and Jackson). I like a lot in LaRoche, besides his high strikeout rate and his low walking ability. I would hope the best hitting coach in the business (Rudy) will help him. He does have pop in his swing, he can bat in the middle of the order (3-5), a left-handed bat and he plays good defense. And, with the fielders throwing the ball in the dirt, a good defensive 1B would help out a lot.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Why would you trade Byrd? B/c you want Colvin to play if/when Jackson comes up? That's essentially saying you want Colvin's "production" over Byrds. Byrd is the better player, isn't terribly expensive, and is a pure gamer...I'll keep him.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Why would you trade Byrd? B/c you want Colvin to play if/when Jackson comes up? That's essentially saying you want Colvin's "production" over Byrds. Byrd is the better player, isn't terribly expensive, and is a pure gamer...I'll keep him.

There are a lot of IF's in trading Byrd and I mention that. I would rather keep him too, but shit happens.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Waldo...is...right. Dear god, never thought I'd ever say that. Well, he kinda is right. We should see what we can get for him and trade him iff we can get a king's ransom.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
I will never read a Waldo article....
That being said I want no part of Webb. He's done pitching until Jamuary and his fastball is only at 85 MPH. Plus his contract demands, and you have a FA bust

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I will never read a Waldo article....
That being said I want no part of Webb. He's done pitching until Jamuary and his fastball is only at 85 MPH. Plus his contract demands, and you have a FA bust

On the flip side you can get an ace for under 10 million dollars. Although, I agree, I'd stay away from Webb, even though he is one of my favorite non-Cubs.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Waldo..I give you a A for effort.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
This is just a fun article I like to write every offseason.